Our client is changing the way commuters live by changing the way they travel to work, to their home, and everywhere in between. Working with minibus taxis we are building a network of trained and trusted drivers and pre-vetted minibusses to provide safe, clean, and reliable public transport.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a seed-stage company that has received support from Shell Foundation, Total, and MTN Uganda. Come join us as part of an integral part of the business with an impact on day one.
We are looking for a committed, and flexible Operations Specialist with leadership potential to oversee our supply needs across different routes in the greater Kampala area and ensure the company's cars and drivers are meeting the standards we promise to our customers.
The Operations Specialist in charge of recruitment and training will lead the driver acquisition funnel from sign up, pre-vetting, training, inspection to onboarding. They will ensure that our client has a steady pipeline of high-quality trained and trusted drivers.
• Work with field teams to recruit, onboard, and train new drivers.
• Build, maintain and update a driver database.
• Engage fleet and vehicle owners to supplement the company’s pool of drivers.
• Work with Route Ambassadors to recruit and expand driver pipelines on each route.
• Manage and maintain the driver funnel to ensure drivers that are signed up and pre-vetted are then trained, inspected, and fully onboarded.
• Work with Operations Associates to train and onboard pre-vetted and inspected drivers.
• Review and consistently update driver training manuals and information.
• Proven work experience as an Operations Specialist or similar role
• Demonstrable leadership and management skills
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operational management
• Comfort with ambiguity and able to drive initiatives in a start-up environment
• Excellent communication and report writing skills
All applications will be received and Reviewed through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section