The Amazima School is a Christ-centered Primary and Secondary School that exists to equip Ugandan students with the tools of learning to enable them to live fully for the glory of God.
The Operations Manager is a full-time position that reports to the Operations Director. This position will work to successfully maintain and improve Amazima operations. It is a vital support services role requiring diversity in management skill and professional expertise that corresponds with a wide range of responsibilities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide senior-level daily management for the assigned Operations Sections. This includes supervision of the Heads of those Sections to ensure that their responsibilities are being met
- Be the requisitioner in the procurement process for the assigned Operations Sections, unless a secondary requisitioner has been approved by the Operations Director
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the procurement process, including working with Section Heads to ensure good tracking, record-keeping, and periodical price checking/vendor evaluation
- Perform administrative duties as assigned by the Operations Director, including (but not limited to) report writing, spreadsheet generation, general tracking, invoicing, receipting, distributing communication/information, deployment of technology, etc.
- Oversee personnel management in the assigned Operations Sections alongside the Section Heads, including time clock tracking, work schedule, and approving leave requests
- Perform limited Human Resources (HR) duties as assigned by the Operations Director, including (but not limited to) the execution of employee discipline and job evaluations
- Be cognizant of and take ownership in the annual Operations budget. This entails helping to formulate the budget and tracking expenditures after it has been approved
- Determine, propose, and help implement professional development ventures for Section Heads and for Operations Staff at large
- Contribute to strategic future planning and long-term goal setting
- Assist the Operations Director in the process of researching/acquiring new assets, land, etc.
- Find and recommend new contractors, vendors, and partners
- Complete miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Operations Director
- Evidence of being a believer in and follower of Jesus Christ, indicated by an attitude and lifestyle of both godliness and living for others
- Able to write and communicate effectively in English, including electronically
- Technological proficiency, including relevant software and applications
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Good public relations and relationship-building skills
- Creative in providing solutions and making recommendations to solve issues
- Good leadership skills and ability to think big picture
- Proven record of the highest level of integrity
- Successful completion of relevant, tertiary (higher) education course
- Relevant professional work and management experience: desired minimum = 2 years
- Valid Uganda driving permit
- A knowledge base including, but not limited to:
- Construction and facilities maintenance
- General trades (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, etc.)
- Work order management
- Land acquisition and leasehold improvement
- Ugandan life, culture, languages, tradition, staple foods, geography, etc.
- Flexible and adaptable to a wide range of duties