Since 1998, Greenroad International Logistics has grown into one of the top freight forwarders specialized in project cargo around the world. With AAA enterprise credit rating and ISO90001 certification, more than 50 of our branches are excited to provide a reliable and flexible global logistics solution.
Floor/Suite No:3 plot No:71C street Kimera Road Naguru nakawa, Kampala district Uganda
The field operator performs groundwork for the company. Responsible for physical verification of shipment with customs and other agencies .coordinating with company team on what’s going with groundwork and taking instructions from all company departments as well as ensuring delivery of the shipment to clients is efficient.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with physical verification of shipments in comparison to the original documents.
- Verify the count and acceptability of received products once cleared from the customs and delivered to the warehouse prior to storage within warehouses
- Ensure timely release of shipments by a customs officer.
- Resolve any queries from the custom officers
- Adhere to set verification procedure and requirements for all shipments
- Cargo delivery to clients on time as agreed and in good condition.
- Zero damages on all shipments.
- Zero penalties, fines, alterations fees and offenses
- Zero shipment additional costs by clients and company.
- Proper management of bonds and cancellation of same.
- Ensure that all records relating to a shipment are properly referenced and filed in a systematic manner
- Identify special or reoccurring customs clearance and delivery problems and propose solutions to the Country team
- Submission of weekly and monthly operations reports
- Perform any other duty assigned by your supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Diploma or Certificate in Clearing & Forwarding. EACFFPC certification is mandatory. A degree is an added advantage.
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Working knowledge in shipping & logistics an added advantage.
- Conversant with customs clearance procedures.
- IT skills i.e. proficiency in the use of Customs System is mandatory
- Proficient in Ms. Word & Excel workbooks.
- Conversant with the Customs Procedure
- Excellent communication written and verbal.
- Good team player
- A high degree of integrity
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Tactical and planning skills
- Accuracy and attention to details
- Ability to follow instructions
- Punctual and reliable