Responsible for shipping and receiving and supports the logistics manager in all aspects of warehouse and supply chain operations.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Entry level
- Experience Length: 1 year
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION LOGISTIC OFFICER
Reports to: Director & Chief Executive Officer
Internal Contacts: Departmental Heads, Signing authorities
- Excellent attention to detail that assists in inventory management, supply ordering, shipping and receiving, and reporting.
- Strong memory which allows for easy retention of employer policies and procedures, item category designation, inventory numbers, and client contact information.
- Leadership skills that have been utilized in managing daily workflow, supporting fellow co-workers, and developing process improvement initiatives.
- Expert understanding of software applications, including data warehousing programs and reporting tools.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Responsible for shipping and receiving and supports the logistics manager in all aspects of warehouse and supply chain operations.
- Ensure that all incoming and Outing shipments are intact and accurate,
- Prepare and tracking Incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Review shipment documentation such as invoices and packing lists.
- Maintain inventory of shipping supplies.
- Work with shipping vendors, coordinating returns of merchandise and manage electronic shipping files.
- Acquire pricing and negotiating pricing for their company from the logistics providers.
- Handle Price Inquires from Sale’s department.
- Track shipments, handling any issues that might arise (lost shipments, damaged shipments, etc.)
- Research freight classes to make sure that the documentation of their shipments is correct, (to avoid overcharge claims) Also possibly researching vendor’s geographic ship from advantages
- Build relationships with their logistics providers, discerning the ‘honest, trustworthy” ones from the run of the mill average ones. Who is there when you call after hours? Who helps you resolve issues, and who hides from them?
- Shall review and compare transportation costs from different vendors, ensure that the outgoing shipment is accurate and well packaged, track shipments and ensure delivery.
- Compare what has been shipped with the shipment order, ensure that the materials are in good condition, stock the materials in the warehouse and file all corresponding documentation.
- Prepare a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly Status shipment reports and places orders with Suppliers as needed from Management.
- Liaise with the clearing agents to ensure final and timely delivery of shipments.
- Proven experience as a logistics coordinator
- Experience in customer service will be appreciated
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and ISO requirements
- Ability to work with little supervision and track multiple processes
- Computer-savvy with a working knowledge of logistics software (QUICKBOOKS)
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- BSc/BA in business administration, supply chain management, or relevant field.
- Excellent using Word, excel, outlook, and the Internet.
How to apply:
Applicants should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae, Academic Transcripts, and any other relevant documents through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Deadline for Submission: 30 September 2023
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.