As part of Enterprise Technology, the On-site Technology Support’s mission is to help our customers fulfil their purposes and contribute to building a better working world by providing a fit for purpose support service. The On-site Technology Support Senior Specialist provides this support to customers within the country or site by performing the highest level of multiple technology support activities.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
As part of Enterprise Technology, the On-site Technology Support’s mission is to help our customers fulfil their purposes and contribute to building a better working world by providing a fit for purpose support service. The On-site Technology Support Senior Specialist provides this support to customers within the country or site by performing the highest level of multiple technology support activities. This professional provides meaningful contributions to team efforts to enhance effectiveness; acts creatively to prioritize tasks; interprets information; and applies technical knowledge to satisfy customer and firm objectives. This professional anticipates technology support issues and creates solutions with appropriate consultation.
The OSS Technology Specialist which will be based in Uganda (Kampala) and will perform multiple technology support activities in providing end user support to Firm personnel. This professional demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks, working with multiple software and hardware technologies, in a fast-paced environment.
- Facilitate and support the deployment of hardware and software to end users (including the installation, configuration and testing of more complex firm hardware).
- Assist with (or coordinate) the repair of end user hardware and the reinstallation of software as necessary to resolve end user incidents.
- Resolve complex incidents associated with firm-standard end user software and hardware, including mobile/hand-held technologies. Identify sources and trends of technical problems to prevent future occurrences.
- Provide after-hours service for escalated issues or tasks from the Service Desk or supervisor.
- Perform asset management activities as assigned and in accordance with firm policy and EY Technology process.
- Anticipates technology support issues and acts to creatively prioritize tasks, interpret solutions and apply knowledge to facilitate the development and implementation of technical business solutions to complex customer technology needs and issues
- Works independently on small projects and assesses the local needs of area offices and responds appropriately
- Document and track the status of enquiries, coordinate appropriate responses and follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work effectively as “remote hands” for other EY Technology functions, such as Telecommunications and Hosting.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of EY Technology’s organization and service offerings to identify how best to address end user technology needs and incidents.
- Understand the Firm’s business and organization sufficiently to anticipate and resolve end user technology issues that affect productivity of Firm personnel
- Handle support for Data Room Facilities, Network Operations, and Print Management.
- To Manage and keep track of the firm’s IT hardware requirements
- This role is required to physically work in the EY Uganda office.
Required Education, Key Skills, And Experience.
- A Bachelor's degree in Information Technology
- CCNA, ITIL certifications will be an added advantage
- Approximately 4-8 years of extensive experience in end user software and hardware and technology support
- Advanced analytical skills are required to address end-user incidents escalated from the service desk or offered by end user on walk-up issues.
- Decision-making responsibilities can be made to address issues impacting large numbers of customers within the supported geography and communicate effectively to customers as necessary.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, organizational, project and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Demonstrated multitasking abilities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with all levels of end users and IT personnel.
- Ability to communicate effectively with supervisor and peers.
- High level of integrity and excellent work ethic.
What Working At EY Offers
We understand the importance of continuous professional development for our people and so we offer support, coaching, mentoring and feedback from some of our most engaging and experienced colleagues in the industry. You will have the flexibility and freedom to outline and manage your work plan and therefore have complete ownership of your role. We also offer a highly competitive compensation package that reflects our appreciation for your performance and the value you bring to our business.
EY is an equal-opportunity employer.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.