Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide receptionist services, including welcoming visitors and directing them to the appropriate staff, as well as responding to phone calls
- Operate and maintain a variety of office equipment in the performance of basic office functions, e.g. photocopier, printer, scanner, etc
- Photocopy a variety of documents and other materials
- Prepare administrative correspondence, including memos and emails, as requested by the MD
- Record, distribute and file in an efficient registry and filing system all incoming and outgoing correspondence
- Disseminate relevant administrative and substantive documents to international /national staff
- Receive and format monthly information for the company
- Ensure proper filing of all documents, both of administrative and program nature
- Keep an updated database of office contacts
- Ensure timely request and delivery of stationary and office supplies to the field office
- Ensure that all documents awaiting distribution to other offices are dispatched in a timely manner
- Develop and maintain a weekly schedule of staff and vehicle movements.
- Assist with vehicle maintenance functions.
- Coordinate a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave requests, meeting organization, travel requests, expense claims)
- Assist in the preparation and organization of programme events/workshops, as required, and provide logistical support to the programme team
- In coordination with the Kampala Administrative Officer and Head of Sub-office, assist in sourcing for quotations for procurement of service providers, workshop venues, material supplies
- Complete other related tasks assigned by the MD
- Provide general office and administrative support, including accurate and timely production and processing of documents and administrative requirements.
- Maintain accurate records and/or data.
- Appropriately apply relevant policies, guidelines, procedures and processes.
- Recognize and report data and other discrepancies.
- Establish effective working relationships with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Professionalism - Knowledge of basic clerical functions.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements
- Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter
- Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving result
- Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns
- Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges
- Remains calm in stressful situations.
- Planning and Organizing - Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan; Demonstrated ability to apply good judgment in the context of assignments given;
- Communication - Ability to speak and write in a clear and concise manner, including ability to draft a variety of reports, correspondence, etc.
- Technological Awareness - Good computer skills, including proficiency in word processing, excel, spreadsheets, other and relevant software packages;
- Teamwork - Good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Required Skills and Experience
Education: Completion of university education
Experience: At least 3 years of combined progressively responsible experience in related areas, i.e. human resources, general administration, financial administration etc .
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the job title as the subject. Kindly include a headshot on your CV