Nutrition Hub Manager-Kotido
Health & Safety
The Nutrition Hub Manager (NHB) is directly responsible for managing the CASCADE project implementation in 1-2 sub-regions. The NHB’s primary responsibility is to provide technical guidance and support to project staff, the implementing partners (IPs) and project beneficiaries.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty, and achieve social justice. We put women and girls in the centre of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE has been working in Uganda since 1969 and we work across all the regions of Uganda. The goal of our 2021-2025 business plan is to reach 10 million people, through our lifesaving and gender transformative humanitarian, development, and nexus programs. We are committed to working with government, private sector, and local civil society, especially women-led and women’s rights organisations. Our annual portfolio is $15 million, funded through a diverse range of donors.
The CAtalyzing Strengthened policy aCtion for heAlthy Diets and resiliencE (CASCADE) is a EURO 60 million project funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and implemented across six countries: Uganda, Nigeria, Benin, Kenya, Ethiopia, and Mozambique. The overall goal of CASCADE is to improve food security and contribute to the reduction of malnutrition of at least 5 million women of reproductive age and children under 5. In Uganda, the project will be implemented across five regions (Karamoja, West Nile, Northern, Southwestern, Eastern) through a CARE-led consortium including GAIN, Food Rights Alliance, Africa Innovations Institute, and Kyambogo University. The project will work with the government, business, and communities to foster an enabling environment for nutrition actions by advocating for increased investments in nutrition and the completion of Uganda’s nutrition policy document.
The Nutrition Hub Manager (NHB) is directly responsible for managing the CASCADE project implementation in 1-2 sub-regions. The NHB’s primary responsibility is to provide technical guidance and support to project staff, the implementing partners (IPs) and project beneficiaries. S/he is responsible for the day-to-day management of the project, human resource management, planning, and timely and quality implementation of activities in line with the approved proposal and work plan. S/he is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely financial management of the grant in line with the approved budget. The NHB provides oversight on implementation and ensures that the project under his/her management is compliant with CARE Uganda and donor rules and regulations. The NHB will manage assets assigned to the project; ensure timely and on-spot monitoring, evaluation, and reporting. This position reports to the Consortium Manager and collaborates with all relevant programs at CARE Uganda. The NHB will keep in contact and coordinate with key strategic partners at national and district levels.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES /ROLES.
Job Responsibility # 1 Oversight of all project implementation activities across the Hub (30% of the time)
- Drawing from the objectives and agreed project Activity Framework, develop detailed yearly and quarterly activity plans and budgets.
- Ensure the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) is closely followed and monitored to ensure timely implementation of activities within available resources and immediately report any problems or deviations.
- Responsible for monitoring the project budget, reviewing monthly expenditure reports, and ensuring budgets are used in accordance with CARE’s and the donors’ rules and regulations. This involves working closely with the Finance Team to prepare accurate and timely donor financial reports and ensure the allocation of expenses to the right budget lines, preparing quarterly projections of needed funds and pipeline projections.
- Responsible for preparing procurement plans for all goods and services for the CASCADE project according to approved budgets and activity plans and in line with CARE and donor procurement rules and policies
Job Responsibility # 2 Oversight of local implementing partners’ work across the Hub (20%)
- Keep oversight of the implementation of transformative activities by our local partners, to increase access to and consumption of healthy diets, as well as increase the resilience of households to economic and climate change-related shocks.
- Build on the strategic positioning of CARE Uganda in the implementation of nutrition-related policies and practices, while emphasizing direct linkages with CARE partners in government, private-sector service providers and non-governmental arenas.
- Ensure coordination with key stakeholders that are focused on the core goal of CASCADE to improve food security and contribute to the reduction of malnutrition of women of reproductive age and children in all project sites.
- Liaise with CARE projects and ensure synergies are as much as possible built particularly with the initiatives working in the same communities e.g., through purposeful targeting of similar participants to receive a comprehensive package of support and services.
Job Responsibility #3 Working with local governments across the hub on nutrition action plans (20%)
- Support the SUN network at the Office of the Prime Minister (OPM) to operationalize the UNAPII multisectoral coordination framework and facilitate dialogues at the sub-regional level to influence planning and budget processes.
- Engage in advocacy and lobby processes to influence local governments to develop and stimulate policy implementation and increased investment in food security, and nutrition with a greater focus on women and children.
- Develop advocacy briefs and tools to improve accountability, quality, and efficiency during local nutrition program implementation.
- Strengthen the capacities of nutrition-related local policymakers and delivery systems.
- Support implementing agencies to integrate nutrition and WASH services in their delivery plans, and advocate for mainstreaming nutrition interventions into social protection and social safety nets with greater targeting of women and children.
Job Responsibility # 4 Promote Gender Equity and Diversity & Safeguarding Practices (10%)
- Practice a behavior that is consistent with CARE’s core values, and promotion of gender equity and diversity goals.
- Plays a leadership role in identifying and implementing initiatives that enhance CARE’s commitment to gender and diversity.
- Ensure that CARE Safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to by all and the staff that S/he supervisors both directly or indirectly.
- Ensure that staff and related personnel under your jurisdiction are familiar with the following organizational policies and procedures and can identify when needed how these may have been breached, The CI Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse and Child Abuse, The anti-discrimination and harassment policy, The code of conduct and the organization’s Values.
Job Responsibility #5: External representation, collaboration, and networking across the hub (10%)
- Collaborate with specialists to develop and maintain positive working relations with a wide network of partners that include Partners, Government with relevant ministries, donors, research institutes, CSOs, peer INGOs, parliament, media, and private sector to scale up CARE’s National Nutrition Investments, and actions.
- Maintain collaboration and coordination with relevant technical working groups Food security and Nutrition level, as well as ensuring learning and information gathering and dissemination.
- Being aware of what CARE is doing outside of personal specialization to communicate CARE’s strategies, programs, and accomplishments effectively.
- Represent CARE if requested by management, in Stakeholder meetings to harmonize activities, other high-profile events (e.g., national events) and networking opportunities. Taking opportunities to promote CARE in the communities where it operates, including displaying promotional material as appropriate.
Job Responsibility # 6 Program Quality and Learning (5%)
- Ensure the project achieves results based on the availability of effective utilization of the Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) system with SMART indicators with the engagement of key stakeholders and partners and that the system does not only generate quantitative data but allows for the ongoing collection of participants’ views on the project relevance and success.
- Facilitate and document regular project reviews with key partners and ensure these reviews inform project implementation and are used to improve project quality.
- Write and support direct reports to write briefs, human interest stories, and papers that can be used for advocacy or information purposes.
- Engage in program-level planning, review, and learning meetings and contribute to synergy and learning across the different program domains of change. Ensure learning products are developed in coordination with relevant colleagues.
Job Responsibility #7 Any other duties assigned from time to time (5%)
- Support country office Partnership functions from time to time.
- Step in and cover for Program Managers from time to time.
- Take on stretch assignments assigned from time to time.
WHAT DO YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
Nutritionist with a minimum of an Advanced degree in agribusiness, public health or related discipline preferred. A post-Graduate Diploma is a MUST.
- Expert level knowledge, at least 3 years experience in programs for Food and Nutrition.
- Advanced knowledge, at least 5 years of proven practical project management experience managing large geographically dispersed project sites, with implementing partners.
- Strong working knowledge of MEAL, Budget, and Human Resource Management.
- Proven experience managing diverse teams and individuals’ performance for success.
- Experience in networking and strategic relationships management and engagements
- Experience in gender transformative approaches.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication, presentation, discussion, and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in research, analytical writing, advocacy, and policy influencing.
- Conceptual abilities, strategic thinking, and analytical writing skills.
- Organizing skills and capacity to multi-task in rapidly changing & fast-paced environments.
- Committed to gender equality and women and girls’ empowerment with the ability to lead organizational change processes that aim at making organizations more gender aware, gender committed, and gender competent.
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.