The MEL Officer will play a key role in providing support for monitoring, evaluation and learning of the project. S/he will be responsible for overall strengthening of the MEL function, MEL capacity building, ensuring quality assurance, documentation, and learning needs for improvement of the project and will come up with findings based on real data to show the performance of the project. Support to the teams; timely planning and reporting; and liaising with counterparts from other SOS projects, partners, and other NGOs in similar fields
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Reporting to: Project Coordinator, SOS
Responsible for: No direct responsibility for oversees quality of inputs from the field teams
Work station: Entebbe
Contract type: Full Time, Two - Year Term (with a possibility for a 1 – year extension)
Working hours: 8:00am- 5:00pm (Monday - Friday)
Salary: Commensurate with experience, knowledge and skills
Start date: January 2023
Main duties and responsibilities of the role
Routine results based monitoring
• Develop the overall project MEL framework
• Develop project performance metrics
• Periodic reviews of monitoring tools
• Coordination of MEL activities and visits
Project database management
• Update the program database (PDB2) and other relevant systems.
• Data analysis and dissemination
• Conducting regular data quality audits
• Periodic data collection and analysis in accordance with the monitoring plan.
• First level user support in regard to the Project database
• Capacity building of staff on results-based management, the associated tools and MEL in general
• Capacity building through training, feedback, coaching, and mentoring of staff in data collection and analysis
• Provide technical support to staff to interpret the collected data and make informed decisions for improvements.
Documentation and reporting
• Compile periodic reports(Monthly/Quarterly) with inputs from project team
• Assist partners/KIPs to set up reporting systems that meet the internal M&E requirements
• Prepare briefs, presentations, success stories, and working papers as requested
Project reviews and evaluations
• Tracking progress of YMH project reviews
• Participate in baseline and end line survey.
A minimum of university degree in statistics, economics, social sciences, development studies, or any other related field.
A postgraduate diploma/certificate in Monitoring and Evaluation is an added advantage.
At least 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E/MIS in development projects implemented by a reputable organization.
• In-depth knowledge on MEL and development issues
• Proven ICT skills, especially MS Excel, MS word and MS PowerPoint
• Expertise in analyzing data using statistical software, especially SPSS and STATA.
• Good analytical skills in data processing, analysis and interpretation
• Strong training & facilitation skills
• Ability to work independently and show professional judgment in carrying out tasks
• Ability to function as a productive member of a result-oriented team
• Direct or indirect experience of mental health problems and openness to people with mental health issues
• Experience of working with youth-led projects or youth-engaging projects
• Experience of communicating project results
• Attention to detail.
How to Apply:
Send a motivation letter and CV as one PDF document/file (of maximum 6 pages), not later than 4:00pm on Friday 18th November 2022 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and copy to email@example.com - subject line is the job title e.g. “Monitoring, Evaluation and Leaning (MEL) Officer”.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.