Reporting to: Project Manager Project Support
Overall purpose of the role:
The NURI Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer will be responsible for planning, management and oversight of all Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning including data collection and quality assurance processes and products under the Danida funded Northern Uganda Resilience Initiative (NURI) project in the sub region. She/he ensures continuous monitoring and full final verification of all infrastructure projects implemented on both the Rural Infrastructure (RI) and the Water Resource Management (WRM) components of the project through the use of appropriate approaches and technologies. S/he will work with the project team to ensure appropriate and functional humanitarian accountability mechanisms are established in all project locations to facilitate information capture, analysis and provision of feedback to beneficiary communities. The NURI MEAL Officer will work closely with the District Team Leaders, and the Project Manager-Project Support to review and validate Weekly monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assessment, Design and Planning
• Supports Project Support Manager Project Support and Team leaders in community level planning for NURI project, ensuring work plans for all districts developed and tracked with input of the key project staff and stakeholders.
• Implements assessments as appropriate and as per need and in agreement with NURI Project Manager and NURI MEAL Coordinator.
Monitoring & Evaluation
• Support the design and piloting of monitoring tools to be used during activities and assistance. Carry out quantitative and qualitative data collection activities at field level
• During monitoring activities ensure beneficiaries are treated with respect, confidentiality and informed consent.
• Refer on potential vulnerable cases to Monitoring & Evaluation Officer or sensitive issues that might be observed at field level
• Keep supervisor informed of any safety incident that might take place
• Solve problems and conflicts that might occur during monitoring and respond to minor complaints coming from beneficiaries
• Planning, management and oversight of all data collection and quality assurance processes under the NURI project.
• Ensures continuous monitoring and full final verification of all infrastructure projects implemented on both the Rural Infrastructure (RI) and the Water Resource Management (WRM) components of the project through the use of efficient workflows and appropriate technologies - including Kobo Toolbox and GIS/mapping technology.
• Ensure key indicators are identified, monitored and reported on in line with the project M&E Plan, DRC and donor standards
• Ensures quality of the full data management cycle from collection to storing and analysis of data and ensures validation and accuracy of all data.
Reporting and information
• Provides support to the Project Manager Project Support (PMPS) on reporting and in ensuring accuracy and quality of all project information and documentation presented internally and externally.
• Ensures appropriate, efficient and solid Information Management practices.
• Ensures project information management system for project indicators and monitoring of activities, is accurate and up to date.
• Involvement in assessments, analysis and dissemination of reports as per donor, stakeholder & DRC guidelines.
• Submit weekly and monthly reports to the Monitoring & Evaluation Officer on achievements and challenges related to monitoring
• Protection cases identified and referred in coordination with the protection team
• Produce periodic monitoring reports and make recommendations for corrective action to appropriate decision-makers, to ensure programs have accurate and useful data to inform project development.
• Ensure the data bases are functional in all the field offices and data is captured and utilized for reporting
Knowledge Management, research and learning
• Participate in learning and documentation processes on the NURI project and ensures learning is captured and reflected back in internal learning cycles as well as to external stakeholders. Learning processes includes learning initiatives as internal reviews, reflection meetings and other means of inducing and documenting learning.
• With the NURI MEAL Coordinator and NURI MEAL Specialist, to Design and implement a system to identify, analyze, document and disseminate lessons learned.
• Support meta-analysis / evaluation of all completed projects reports including baseline, outcome monitoring, case studies, and evaluations to establish key learning and recommendations to inform future evaluations and programming.
• Supports the project in documenting and disseminating innovations and any operational research findings related to the project interventions.
• Supports internal and external communication efforts around NURI and leads on creating evidence basis and impact stories on the project.
• In consultation with the NURI Project Team, NURI MEAL Specialist, NURI MEAL Coordinator; synthesize and summarize trends in project monitoring and evaluation data using appropriate visualization to demonstrate project results and any lessons learned on a monthly basis.
MEAL Capacity Strengthening
• Promote awareness on DRC MEAL standards among relevant DRC staff and key stakeholders through various means including in-house trainings of staff, meetings with beneficiaries, communities and local authorities
• Participate in the internal evaluation of the program
Humanitarian & Programme Accountability
• Support the MEAL Coordinator in coordinating all relevant stakeholders in DRC on the full integration of beneficiary accountability, engagement and participation priorities and initiatives of DRC into the NURI project implementation and links closely to all beneficiary feedback and reporting mechanisms of DRC and ensures that all relevant accountability tools are rolled out and functioning.
• Ensure that the activities are compliant with DRC accountability principles
• Support the implementation of DRC’s complaints mechanism.
Experience and technical competencies:
• Experience with design and implementation of MEAL systems for emergency, recovery and development programs
• Excellent knowledge of Mobile data applications (Kobo Toobox, ODK, etc)
• Presentation skills and experience in delivering MEAL training programmes for teams
• Experience with research, including data collection and data management.
• Demonstrated ability and understanding to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and techniques such as focus group discussions, key informant interviews, observations to name a few.
• Ability to build support from staff across teams and across members, and to build the capacity of others.
• Proven ability to coordinate effective resource allocation to ensure quality programmes.
• Experience of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
• Excellent command of GIS softwares (Quantum GIS, ArcMIS, or similar)
• Experience with development of heavy data flow systems, implementation and management of database systems (SQL, Microsoft Access and basic Oracle DBMS skills)
• Experience with participatory assessment and community-based monitoring techniques and approaches
• Excellent skill in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, SPSS, STATA, Powerbi and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Excel, and have experience using database and data analysis software.
• Excellent communication skills
• Excellent analytical and report writing skills
• Excellent Team Player
• Fluency in the local language of the area.
• Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Planning and Management, Social Science, Development Studies, International Relations, Rural Development.
• A post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or equivalent professional qualification
• Excellent communication skills in English is required
• Fluency in English and other local languages in the area of implementations an advantage
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 18th August, 2021.
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, color, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.
DRC as an employer
• By working in DRC, you will be joining a global workforce of around 8000 employees in 40 countries. We pride ourselves on our:
• Professionalism, impact & expertise
• Humanitarian approach & the work we do
• Purpose, meaningfulness & own contribution
• Culture, values & strong leadership
• Fair compensation & continuous development
DRC’s capacity to ensure the protection of and assistance to refugees, IDP’s and other persons of concern depends on the ability of our staff to uphold and promote the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation DRC’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding against sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment. DRC conducts thorough and comprehensive background checks as part of the recruitment process.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/about-us/job-and-career/support-for-job-seekers.
Danish Refugee Council is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive and positive work environment based on mutual respect for all employees. All applicants are considered for employment without attention to race, age, ability, ethnicity, nationality, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other factor. At DRC we celebrate diversity and appreciate our employees for the people they are and their unique skills, backgrounds, and perspectives.
We encourage all interested candidates to apply by clicking on the link below,