Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant
Job title: MEAL ASSISTANT
Reporting to: BASE MANAGER
Overall purpose of the role:
The main purpose of this position is to conduct/implement comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and learning initiatives of DRC program in Rhino Camp, to ensure that Project activities meet the highest standards possible, and contribute to improving the capacity resilience of persons of concerns in Westnile.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Prepare annual project monitoring plan
Develop and share with all sectors performance indicators
Conduct routine project implementation monitoring and share monthly monitoring reports
Conduct Baseline assessment, midterm and Endline evaluation for all new projects
Represent DRC in joint partners’ coordination meetings and performance monitoring and assessments
Conduct data quality, take lead in the data management, reporting and presenting the report before stakeholders.
Take lead in identifying and/or conducting learning events
Take lead in documenting key success stories, best practices and lessons from projects
Experience and technical competencies:
- A minimum of 2 years of MEAL experience with International humanitarian organization or NGO field.
- Technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Analytical, presentation, and report writing skills.
- Experience using software applications such as Excel, Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA.
- Previous experience with electronic or mobile data collection
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent skills in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, outlook Power Point).
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken in the operation area is an asset.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation for UN-funded projects desired.
- Degree/Diploma in Social Science, Development Studies, International Relations, Rural Development. statistics, Computer science.
- A post Graduate Diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation or equivalent professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Training in quantitative methodologies database management.
- Advanced English proficiency
- Fluency in local language
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit an updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
We only accept applications sent via our online-application form on www.drc.dk under Vacancies. Applications close on 5th November, 2021.
Kindly attached Academic Documentation when applying
Gender Equality: DRC is committed to achieving gender parity in staffing at all levels in light of this, women candidates are particularly encouraged to apply to bridge the gender gap.
Equal Opportunity: DRC is an equal opportunity employer, we value diversity and we are committed to creating an inclusive environment based on mutual respect for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, disability status, religion, ethinic origin, colour, race, marital status or other protected characteristics.Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning