VACANY ANNOUNCEMENT AT FINN CHURCH AID (FCA)
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA Uganda is now looking for competent persons to fill the following positions:
POSITION : MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER (01 VACANCY)
DUTY STATION : KAMPALA
REPORTS TO : MONITORING & EVALUATION SPECIALIST
Position Summary: The M&E Officer will support data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the programs implemented by FCA in Kampala and other project location. Under the Technical Direction of the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist and in collaboration with the Project Managers, the M&E Officer will develop and implement clear and practical M&E plans for the program by ensuring that program indicators, monitoring formats, databases, data analysis, and reporting are maintained and harmonized. He/she will also track progress of key indicators and provide timely report to the M&E Specialist
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Based on the project proposal, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, develop a system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneficiaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and “user friendly”, and will obtain valid and reliable information.
- Be responsible for generating project reports and share with the M&E Specialist for further review and final submission to line departments
- Ensure an effective roll-out of M&E and reporting systems to all staff through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
- Help coordinate overall project review and evaluation activities as required in partnership with donors. This includes coordinating mid-term and final evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews as might be required.
- Lead the routine collection, analysis, and use of data quality data for reporting and planning purposes.
- Responsible for development and setting up effective project monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Responsible for establishment of an effective data management system, safe storage and retrieval of the data
- Setting up project Monitoring and evaluation framework and aligned program M&E plans
- Providing technical support to project staff in development of project monitoring tools
- Promote the standardization of M&E processes throughout the project cycle management, ensuring coherence and quality of information collected against planned results and activities.
- Provides technical and surge support to the project coordinator/staff on M&E processes, outcome monitoring, quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis for assessments, donor reporting and other processes
- Provide technical advice and backstopping support to the Project staff and contribute to the setting and monitoring targets for the project
- Plan and execute project assessments, reviews and evaluations in coordination with the Project Coordinator and program staff.
- Establish and implement an Accountability Framework for target population with an ingrained Complaints Response and Feedback Mechanism (CRFM) for timely decision making and improvements to programming
- Ensure standardization of tools for all the Project and to undertake regular Project monitoring including carrying out assessments, establishing baseline surveys, documenting progress and endline surveys and evaluations
- Support the project coordinator in reviewing project progress reports ensuring they reflect on outcomes and desired quality
- Work with the Program and Humanitarian coordinators and programs team to ensure that the project’s M&E system is well linked and/or integrated with overall M&E systems for the FCA Uganda Country Program.
- Create a system for ensuring that information obtained is also shared with communities, teachers, parents and other relevant stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism to ensure continuous performance improvement.
- Keep record of information obtained during research (database of information, hard files, etc.)
Qualifications and Experience
· Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Project planning and Management, statistics,demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects
· At least 5 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
· Demonstrated knowledge of M&E concepts and international humanitarian quality standards
· Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing
· Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive
· Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure
· Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies
· Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, SPSS other statistical packages
· Computer literate and use of data analysis tools and methods
· Strong communications skills (both written and verbal). The ability to analyze complex data and summaries it for a range of different audiences
· Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and daytime telephone contact with copies of academic papers addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office.
P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda.
Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject to Ugaco.email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday 2nd August 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
· Women and PWDS are encouraged to apply.
· Host and Refugee communities are encouraged to apply