VARIOUS VACANY ANNOUNCEMENT AT FINN CHURCH AID (FCA)
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are most dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA is now looking for competent persons to fill the following vacant positions below.
POSITION : MONITRORING AND EVALUATION ASSISTANT (02 VACANCIES)
DUTY STATION : KYAKA II AND RWAMWANJA REFUGUEE SETTLEMENT
REPORTS TO : MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER
Purpose of the position: Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer the Monitoring and Evaluation Assistant is responsible for assisting the execution and implementation of various activities within the Monitoring and Evaluation unit. He/She provides general support to the unit that will ensure smooth implementation of various planned activities.
Key Result Areas
· Participate in the development of M&E policies and Standard Operating Procedures with support of the M&E Officer.
· Develop and share data collection tools and ensure timely availability to staffs in time
· Participate in all organisation project Assessment/ surveys with the direction of the Senior M&E Officer
· Ensure M&E tools are well administered according to set guidelines and properly tagged or serialized for easy tracked/trace.
· Documents of various activities are well filed in chronological manner for easy retrieval and references
· Collect case studies from the field, success stories, failures and bring them to the attention of Management and make appropriate recommendations.
· Adapt and work closely with Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to develop monitoring tools and visit all activities to check on progress and offer support and direction in line with the programme strategic plan and report on the quality of implemented activities.
· Use the information collected to assist in the production and timely submission of internal and external data templates and reports.
· Under the guidance of the M&E Officer respond to donor data inquiries and questions.
· Undertake data cleaning, prepare necessary reports and updates, and determine the information requirements of the project.
· Update the project information needs and answer any data queries from time to time.
· Support the M&E Officer to manage the data base of the project and ensure that it is routinely updated.
· Offer technical support to project staff and on data issues and ensure that staffs understand the data requirements of the organization.
Qualifications and Experience
· Bachelor degree in Demography, Statistics, Computer Science, Social Sciences, Development studies or related field
· Experience in data collection and management is required
· Experience in conducting and leading Project Assessments./Survey
· Flexible and capable of working and living in difficult circumstances in a multicultural context.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· High integrity, self-driven and able to set own work schedule with rigorous deadlines.
· Ability to initiate and complete assignments and to work under demanding circumstances with minimal supervision.
· Strong organization, supervisory, problem-solving, interpersonal, communication as well as team building and negotiation skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applications should send a cover letter and a CV (not more than 5 pages) with at least three referees and a daytime telephone contact with copies of academic papers addressed to:
The Human Resource and Administration Manager,
Finn Church AID, Uganda Country Office.
P.O. Box 21826 Kampala, Tank Hill Rd, Roche Close, Plot 1495 Muyenga, Uganda.
Email applications should be in one file attachment (Ms Word or PDF) mentioning the position title in the subject line to Ugaco.email@example.com and your cv and your preferred location
Deadline for receiving applications is Sunday 2nd August 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.