Reports to: Back Office Manager
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Windows Server-Messaging department implements and maintains the Windows Server platform hardware, operating system and associated core services including Exchange email, file, and print servers.
• The Windows System Engineer’s role is to design, install, administer, and optimize Microsoft Windows servers and related components to achieve and maintain high performance of business applications. This includes ensuring the availability of client/server applications, configuring new implementations, and developing processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment. This position shares responsibility for the security, integrity, and safety of the data center/server farm. Scope of responsibilities include server hardware, Windows Server operating systems, core Microsoft back office technologies, and 3rd party infrastructure software and applications.
• Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for Windows Server Operating System design, implementation and maintenance.
• Provide input in the planning of Windows operating systems upgrades and deployment.
• Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of Windows operating systems.
• Technical support for Microsoft server and desktop operating systems.
• Maintenance & support for Microsoft Active Directory.
• Adding workstations to a Windows Domain, installing and troubleshooting a variety of hardware and software
• Troubleshoot various client business software
• Diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues
• System documentation with reviews and recommendations
• Communication with customers as needed to keep them up to date with issues and scheduled events.
• Improve customer service, perception and satisfaction
• Be able to work as a team and communicate well
• Escalate service issues that cannot meet service level agreements
• Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for Windows operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems.
• Perform daily Windows Server Operating System administration, including hardware & software upgrades.
• Maintain backup of the Windows Server Operating System network.
• Ensure optimal performance of all applications running on Windows Server Operating System environment in CUSTOMER through proactive tuning and preventive maintenance.
• Perform daily Windows Server systems checks and correct any issues.
• Monitor Windows Server systems performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time.
• Work with the User Support team to provide second level support to the end users and ensure timely resolution of Windows system problems.
• Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
• Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
• Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• This is not a trainee position. A minimum of 3 years professional system administration experience is required. Experience should include at least 3 years designing, implementing and supporting the following core Microsoft technologies: Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, WSUS, DNS and DHCP.
• This position requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline. Industry technical certifications are desirable but not required.
• MCSA,MCSE Certification are much appreciated
Interested candidates should send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org