Recruitment for this position is part of a very special project called the Off-Grid Talent Initiative, run by Shortlist in partnership with UKAID and the Carbon Trust. If you are hired for the position, not only will you join your new company but you will also become a part of the OGTI Clean Energy Leaders’ Community. This includes mentorship, peer network support, online training and other exclusive resources, as well as follow up over the length of your contract. Apply today, begin a career in the renewable energy industry with your new company, and become a part of the OGTI Clean Energy Leaders.
Job Purpose: The Mechanical Engineer officer position is an entry-level job at ACE. The job holder is responsible for supporting all aspects of supervision of the mechanical systems and services needed for the machines in the ACE Factory. Additionally, the role includes responsibility for scheduled maintenance of the machines to ensure safety and security for its operators at all times. Developing training on how to use different types of machines/tools in the factory is important to ensure this safety.
ACE is committed to gender equality in the workplace. The company is currently 50% female-owned, and management roles are currently 60% female. ACE strongly encourages women to apply for this position.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Main duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing project requirements to create scheduled maintenance planning
- Maintaining and modifying existing equipment to ensure that it is safe, reliable and efficient
- Measuring the performance of mechanical components, devices, engines and tools
- Testing, evaluating and modifying machinery/products when required
- Developing testing procedures and processes, and perform testing and validation (of new designs)
- Using computer-aided design/modelling software to improve existing processes and tools
- Undertake relevant research in case machinery or tools need replacement in liaising with the Stock and Procurement manager
- Generating working prototypes for beta testing and customer demonstration in liaising with management
- Agreeing budgets, timescales and specifications with management
- Writing reports and documentation providing technical advice and updates
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Effective technical skills
- Computer skills (Ms- Office)
- CAD Experience (Rhino, AutoCAD, TinkerCAD, SolidWorks etc.)
- The ability to work under pressure
- Problem-solving skills
- Great interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication
- Team working skills
- Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of a Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Design Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
- Age: 21 years and above
- A recent graduate from a recognized University
Once you have indicated your interest by applying for the role here, please continue to complete the application on the link below:
Please copy and paste the above link in a new browser tab. Looking forward to your application!