Reporting to: Garage Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform routine maintenance on trucks, such as checking batteries and changing oil to ensure proper vehicle running
- Inspect various parts of trucks, including brake systems, wheel bearings and steering mechanisms to ensure they are in the proper condition to operate effectively.
- Use different tools and equipment, such as pressure gauges, pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, screwdrivers, hoists and jacks, to repair trucks while constantly utilizing safety precautions.
- Diagnose malfunctions in defective equipment by inspecting and testing using devises such as motor analyzers, hand held computers and chassis charts to determine how to address problems.
- Test driver's vehicles to ensure they are running properly and to find issues to determine what the solution will be.
- Replace parts, valves, bearings, and gears as needed and repair vehicle cooling and heating systems
- Measure vehicle emissions to ensure they are within the proper limits
- Ensure parts conform to factory specifications by inspecting and verifying clearances and dimensions
- Servicing of company and customers’ trucks.
- Cleaning of their working areas before and after work.
- Inspecting trucks for the reported problems and also give advice on the unseen problems on the truck.
Job Requirements and qualifications
- Minimum of a diploma in mechanical engineering/Automobile mechanics from a recognized academic institution.
- Experience in servicing, heavy-duty truck maintenance, and repair.
- Possession of proper communication skills.
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position in a busy working environment.
- Ability and willingness to work.
- Should be in a good physical health condition.
- Able to work under minimum supervision.
Interested candidates should send their CVs through the Brightermonday portal by clicking on the Brightermonday portal
Deadline: 24th April 2021