Founded in 2012, Jibu is pioneering a powerful new model that provides opportunities for entrepreneurs to own businesses that ensure access to basic human necessities in underserved, emerging market communities. Jibu has scaled a network of locally owned, economically independent franchises that provide safe drinking water to their communities while offering life-changing training and employment.
Empowered by a belief in the ability of eye-to-eye partnership to unleash latent entrepreneurial talent, Jibu is transforming the challenge of addressing basic human needs into an expansive opportunity that allows thousands of young entrepreneurs to build lasting solutions, one neighborhood at a time. The company’s ultimate vision is to train, finance, and grow a network of co-invested business owners who will revolutionize the way critical resources participate in emerging markets. For additional information, please visit: http://jibuco.com/
Reports to: Country Director
Start date: As soon as possible
Reporting to the Country Director for Jibu Uganda - This individual will work with a dynamic cross-functional team in Uganda and across the region, as well as external partners, to develop and execute innovative marketing and customer acquisition strategies to drive sales growth and strengthen the Jibu brand across Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
● Create and execute strategic marketing and sales campaigns, whilst tracking core marketing KPIs and ROI (Return on investment)
● Build a strong relationship with Jibu’s franchise network and support them with the training and tools to ensure effective territory-level marketing plans and execution
● Develop and execute an ongoing schedule of differentiated below-the-line (BTL) marketing activities in Uganda, including activations, promotions, experiential events, and trade marketing activities
● Lead, manage and motivate a team of sales agents and brand ambassadors, including payment structures, training, target setting, monitoring performance, and providing in-field support
● Coordinate design, development, and production of marketing collaterals, including flyers, apparel, branding assets, merchandising materials, etc
● Work with agency partners to coordinate above-the-line marketing activities, including creative/visual artwork development, media buying (print, radio, TV and OOH), monitoring, and
● Lead social media & digital marketing activities, including digital ad buying, geo-targeting, content calendar management to drive improvements in reach, engagement and followers
● Conduct frequent discussions and alignment with marketing/sales counterparts in other Jibu markets, as well as with Jibu’s Global Director of Marketing
● Implement market research surveys, including qualitative research (e.g., focus group discussions) as well as quantitative surveys (e.g., customer satisfaction surveys), to support marketing strategies and organizational initiatives
● Project Management - Manage and document all marketing and sales workstreams and initiatives, keeping key stakeholders accountable, ensuring tasks are completed on-time, and working within set budget constraints
● Unlock new business opportunities through effective marketing to ensure the Jibuco and its franchisee network meet their growth targets.
● Manage the marketing budget and calendar.
● Make recommendations for new products, promotions, and innovative ways to reach key target markets.
● Ensure local marketing campaigns are consistent with global strategy and leverage global best practices.
Is This You?/ Are you?
● A passion for innovative marketing, with a focus on both the messaging of how a brand communicates, as well as the mechanics of how to acquire and convert customers
● Highly motivated individual focused on driving social impact and societal change
● Unquenchable curiosity and passion for brand building and delivering excellent customer experience
● Project Management, cross-functional leadership, presentation and interpersonal skills(across different cultures)
● Experience with concept development, consumer insights, data analytics, and marketing strategy and planning.
● Ability to manage and motivate a team, including direct reports
● Proven track record of working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, where multiple projects and deadlines exist.
● Experience working with minimal supervision, with strong attention to detail and follow-through.
● Strong logical and strategic thinking
● Ability to proactively develop creative solutions.
● Fluent in English and Luganda is a MUST.
● Bachelors as a minimum requirement In the relevant subject. A master's in business or marketing is preferred.
● Experience with fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG brands) required
● Experience coordinating BTL and trade marketing activities in Uganda preferred
● Social media / digital marketing experience required (including running advertisements on Facebook)
● Experience working with 3rd party creative advertising agencies preferred
● Evidence of excellent verbal & written communication skills
● Graphic design or photography experience would be a big plus
● 3 - 5 years of previous experience as a marketing manager, product manager, strategist, sales manager or related marketing/sales field.
Apply using by clicking on the 'apply now' section