Executive Director, Kampala Music School
Kampala Music School (KMS), the centre of excellence in classical music in Uganda, was opened in 2001, emerging from the ‘Pianos for Uganda’ scheme which brought many donated pianos, as well as other instruments, into various institutions in Uganda such as churches and schools. KMS has since become the centre of excellence in Uganda to teach and learn classical and jazz music. All students are also given the opportunity to take the international examinations of The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) the UK, and all aspects of the UNEB O and A level syllabuses are covered. The music teaching programme caters to motivated students of all ages and backgrounds, from beginners to professional levels. KMS aims to give maximum opportunity to develop talent at affordable rates. It encourages and facilitates music teachers and performers across Uganda, provides space and instruments for playing and organises solo and ensemble concerts and operas of students and visiting artists.
Kampala Music School is looking for a skilled and motivated professional for the role of Marketing Executive to coordinate and implement KMS marketing strategy, produce and distribute KMS marketing materials and generally manage the marketing function of KMS.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Manage the day to day marketing of the music school. This involves prospecting, making phone calls, site visits, and meeting potential clients and/or stakeholders.
• Coordinate and implement KMS marketing strategy.
• Update sales logs and schedules on a day to day basis.
• Update and create social media content, to include text hashtags, Short video from and about with the music school activities (past, current and upcoming)
• Generate monthly sales reports and situation analysis.
• Source for advertising opportunities and coordinate placement of advertisements in the media where applicable.
• Manage the production of and arrange for effective distribution of marketing materials.
• Source for sponsorship opportunities.
• Develop and evaluate marketing plans, and identify those that are more suited to KMS activities.
• Manage customer relations and ensure that effective and efficient services are provided to all KMS customers at all times.
• Keep the KMS stakeholders database constantly updated, and act as the point of contact with them on matters concerning KMS.
• Represent KMS at functions and any other events as and when necessary.
• Carry out any other duties that may be assigned by the Executive Director from time to time.
Education and Aptitude:
• Any Diploma or Degree, but that in marketing/Sales/Advertising related field would be preferable
Job-related experience and knowledge:
• Experience in digital marketing, execution and content creation.
• General interest and understanding of art music forms, e.g classical, Jazz.
• 3 years’ work experience in the field of marketing.
• Excellent written and spoken English skills.
• Good communication and presentation skills are an added advantage.
• Ability to effectively handle enquiries.
• Good Knowledge of social media usage
• Ability to book appointments and schedule meetings.
• Ability to work under minimum or no supervision.
• A team player.
Applications for the above position should include a cover letter describing your suitability for the job and an updated curriculum vitae with names and contacts of 3 professional referees through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Closing date: May 30th 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.