To achieve the company’s market share and revenue objectives while building a sustainable portfolio of brands spreading across all consumer needs and occasions in line with the company's strategic pillars.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Executive level
- Experience Length: 10 years
Marketing and Innovation Director
Level: Level 4a
Reports To: Managing Director
The industry is very competitive with many players across both the regulated and unregulated segments.
The Marketing and innovations Director will create demand for all the organization's brands in order to achieve the company sales and market leadership in terms of Total market leadership, Brand market share, Volume sales, Sales value (turnover), Share of voice and top-of-mind awareness. The marketing and innovations director is responsible for the profitability and sustainability of the company portfolio through innovation and regular portfolio optimisation.
Deliver the Annual Operating Plan (AOP) targets on NSV, CAAP and GM.
Market situation is changing rapidly due to the economic situation, declining disposable income and opening up of the economic trading blocks allowing in flow of products from other markets. Consumers are becoming more sophisticated. Uganda has the youngest population in the world; 77% under 25years. The Uganda marketplace is also dominated by a relatively young demographic “millennials” who are more fluid and segmented in their consumer behaviour and choices.
This requires interactive consumer marketing and innovation to maximise company market share.
Trade is evolving, becoming increasingly sophisticated especially at the retail level with customers becoming more discerning and visionary in approach.
The Job holder controls the total company brand management and customer marketing programmes including – pricing, advertising, promotions, packaging, mark-ups, brand plans, margin contribution and export sales marketing.
This includes the formulation and the control of the company marketing budget and partnering with external Advertising Agencies and PR Consultants.
The role is directly accountable for the Innovation i.e. extension and optimisation of the portfolio through variants, formats and pricing interventions using the GATE process.
- Works with the Managing Director on all issues relating to the marketing department.
- Cross-functional leadership with Sales and other Exec members.
Embedding the 4Ps of Diageo Way of Brand Building (DWBB) marketing principles. Purpose, Personal at Scale, Partnerships and Performance to develop the marketing team and successfully implement a succession plan.
Purpose of Role:
To achieve the company’s market share and revenue objectives while building a sustainable portfolio of brands spreading across all consumer needs and occasions in line with the company strategic pillars.
- Formulate and develop the overall marketing objectives, strategic sales programmes and marketing policies including tactics in line with the company short and long term goals.
- Identifying and developing the company advertising objectives, strategy and working with the Advertising Agencies to create and roll out brand campaigns that reinforce the company brands positioning, create brand awareness, protect market share and ultimately create demand for the company brands.
- Development of promotional strategy and ensure implementation, and effectiveness of the plans through measurement &evaluation.
- Ensure brand executions meet the required Diageo Marketing Code (DMC), DDC and brand promoter standards.
- Formulate and ensure implementation of market research programmes.
- Identify current and future market opportunities to innovate for thereby growing revenue and ensuing sustainability.
- Portfolio optimisation; delist brands that are uneconomical to the company.
- Ensure safe working environment and ensure maintenance of ISO 9000 Quality System.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- A bachelor's degree in a business-related field
- Professional qualification in Marketing (CIM) or MBA
- At least 10 years experience with senior management experience of 5 – 10 years in Sales and Marketing at an FMCG company
- Barriers to Success in Role (Optional):
- Poor interpersonal skills/ people management
- Inexperienced with stakeholder management
- No experience with field sales
How to apply:
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.