Our Client, a ground transport corporation with the mandate to construct, operate, and maintain the railway, marine, and road services both inside and outside Uganda for the carriage of passengers and goods wishes to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Ugandan professional to fill the position of Managing Director.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicate the Vision and Mission to the Board and Enterprise
• Provide professional management to the Corporation on sound commercial principles in accordance with policies and decisions made by the Board.
• Promote efficient, safe, and reliable transport services.
• Provide strategic leadership in acquiring and managing financial resources, capital facilities, and infrastructure.
• Develop and implement business strategies and plans for growth.
• Coordinate the proper and efficient deployment and use of the assets and resources of the Corporation.
• Formulate and gain agreement for major plans, i.e. the business plans and estimates of income and expenditure to ensure that they are effectively implemented.
• Lead the efficient implementation of Board decisions.
• Guide the leadership team in developing and achieving business performance and individual objectives.
• Provide effective leadership to ensure that functional objectives are implemented and met regularly.
• Provide leadership to the Corporation on adapting and responding effectively to change.
• Drive the human capital development agenda for the Corporation to ensure that it acquires a human resource force with appropriate
knowledge, skills, and experience at all levels.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships with the government, major clients and partners, financial institutions, key suppliers and other stakeholders.
• A Master’s degree in Engineering, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics, Management and Law from a recognized university.
• Exposure to Transport Management, Maritime Law Training, Mechanical and/or Civil Engineering, Property Management, Operations and Commercial management would be an added advantage.
• Must be a registered member of a relevant professional institution.
Experience and requirements
• Relevant Management experience of at least Ten (10) years, Six (6) of which should be at Senior Management level reporting to the highest Management or Governance level.
• Proven leadership ability with excellent performance record in a highly competitive business enterprise.
• Experience in relationship building and stakeholder engagement with Government offices at a high level.
• Experience in developing and implementing strategic and business plans.
• Excellent people management skills with demonstrable prior experience and success in overseeing staff productivity and performance management.
• Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and ability to excel in high-pressure situations.
• Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
• Must be a Ugandan National.
Method of Application
All suitably qualified candidates should submit their written applications together with their certified copies of relevant academic certificates, curriculum vitae, copies of valid Ugandan National Identity card, list of three (3) referees (on character and professional experience) with their names; details of contact numbers, physical addresses and email addresses to the address below not later than, Friday 31st July 2020
The Director, Executive Selection Division, Deloitte (Uganda) Limited, Plot 1 Lumumba Avenue P. O. Box, 10314 Kampala.
All applications should be delivered either by hand to the above address or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No applications shall be accepted after this submission deadline. Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a Letter of Good Conduct from Interpol. Our Client is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and committed to diversity and gender equality. Any canvassing or interference with the selection process by any candidate or a third party connected/affiliated to the applicant will result in the immediate disqualification of the applicant.