Manager, Solution Engineering Northern EMEA
Engineering & Technology
As a Manager of Solutions Engineering for the Northern EMEA region at Grafana Labs, you will be responsible for all aspects of building and managing a team of high performing Solution Engineers.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
As a Manager of Solutions Engineering for the Northern EMEA region at Grafana Labs, you will be responsible for all aspects of building and managing a team of high performing Solution Engineers. You will own the regional build-out with your sales leader counterparts, adopting existing OSS Specific GTM strategies and developing new ones as needed. You’ll work with your Customer Experience counterparts to ensure that your customers are successful after the sale, in their adoption and rollout of Grafana products through professional services, support, training and customer success. You’ll work with marketing to drive community and adoption programs in the region designed to broaden the adoption of both OSS and commercial/cloud versions of our products. You’ll also work closely with Product Management and Engineering to ensure that we are constantly delivering value to our customers by influencing the roadmap, based on your customers and team feedback, as well as leveraging your own experience in the Monitoring and Observability space. All of this will be required for you to hit and then exceed your region's financial targets and ultimately, our company's goals. Your impact will be felt globally when the job is done well.
What You'll Be Doing
- Attract, recruit, ramp and mentor a team of great Pre-sales SE’s from diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Get the best out of your team with a servant based leadership approach. Adopting a player/coach mentality will be critical here, ensuring that you balance your field responsibilities with the needs of your team. Mentoring and career development will be critical to your team's success over the long term
- Direct the bulk of your day to day work based on guidance and goals from leadership, owning the planning, actions and outcomes of the region.
- Partner with the NEMEA Sales leadership on customer programs, marketing initiatives and community/company events to drive adoption and expansion within our customer base.
- Executive sponsorship of key accounts in the region will be key to your success. Being a thought leader/partner to your customers and the company within EMEA.
- Understanding your key customers’ strategies for adoption of Grafana technologies and developing programs and collateral to enable them to be successful.
- Ensure that your customers’ requirements are being met with our product through partnership with Product Management and Engineering, helping them prioritize their team's time with a data-driven approach to wins/losses/needs vs wants, etc.
- Own and report on the quarter over quarter cadence of your team while they help prospects evaluate our software with demonstrations, technical deep dives, trials and POVs.
- Find and drive enablement and sell with/through channel partners in the region. Both at a local, geo and global level with both RSI’s and GSI’s.
What You'll Bring Along
- Some experience leading a team, 5-10 years in the high tech industry having held roles such as Developer, Architect, Sales Engineer/Architect, Manager, etc.
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, high growth startup environment that is remote-first
- Proven track record of mentoring, developing people and managing performance over time. Has successfully mentored individual contributors.
- Open Source selling or Cloud first/Product led sales go to market motion a big plus.
- Direct experience implementing and/or executing a formal sales methodology, eg COM, Value selling, qualification frameworks like MEDDPICC
- Direct experience selling monitoring/data/visualization products.
- Proven ability to own a book of business, direct your own and your team's work and initiatives to exceed your quarterly targets.
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 950,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a NASA launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include four other open source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Tempo (for traces), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana OnCall (for on-call management).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
Equal Opportunity Employer: At Grafana Labs we’re building a company where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay, and do their best work. We know that our company runs on the hard work and the dedication of our passionate and creative employees. If you're excited about this role but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organization as we grow.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.