Manager Operational Risk
PostBank Uganda Ltd
Accounting, Auditing & Finance
Provide an independent assurance to management, that established Risk Management framework and processes of risk identification, Risk assessment, Risk control and mitigation, Risk monitoring, escalation and reporting are operating as intended.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
JOB TITLE: MANAGER OPERATIONAL RISK
REPORTS TO: CHIEF RISK OFFICER
Ensure that the bank achieves Operational Risk Management requirements of the Basel
II programme in accordance with agreed timelines and direction and ensure that the
monthly Management Risk Committee process is eective in the identification,
assessment, mitigation, and monitoring of bank level risks by supporting through
proper operationalization of the Business and Operational Risk Forum.
Provide an independent assurance to management, that established Risk Management
framework and processes of risk identification, Risk assessment, Risk control and
mitigation, Risk monitoring, escalation and reporting are operating as intended.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES /KEY DELIVERABLES
• Eectively deploy Business & Operational Risk Management Framework (BORF)
• Ensure that operational risk is being managed (i) appropriately in the businesses
and support functions within the bank and (ii) consistently across the businesses
and support functions in the bank ultimately reducing operational losses.
• Maintain a forward-looking risk profile of the bank that captures the major risks,
ensuring that risks that might impact multiple businesses and/or support functions
are captured, and actions initiated to mitigate and control risks leading to a
reduction in operational losses.
• Lead key operational risk initiatives including sta training programmes and
systems implementation and rollout.
• Provide leadership and a quality work culture among the Operational Risk team.
• Ensure that supervised sta have the requisite training and tools to perform their
• Own the Operational Risk work stream of Basel 2 work plans and the
implementation into Business As Usual (BAU) of the Operational Risk deliverables.
• Ensure that sta are adequately trained in Operational Risk policies and procedures
and have access to tools and techniques to discharge their duties eectively.
• Ensure that controls and checks associated with BORF deployment are in place and
• Ensure that Operational Risk and Loss reports are completed in a timely manner
and in compliance with defined procedures and that losses are kept at tolerable
levels as defined and communicated by management.
• Coordinate and drive the MRC agenda in accordance with the approved terms of
• Perform annual Quality Assurance Reviews of all Bank Policies, Processes and
• Perform second line assurance reviews for all branches & Head Oice Units as per
the approved Annual Risk Work Plan and report the significant risks at Management
Risk Committee (MRC) & Board Risk Committee (BRC).
• Follow up on closure of all issues identified during the second level risk assurance
reviews, Internal Audit reports, External Audit reports, Bank of Uganda reports, MRC
& BRC Matters arising.
• BCM Governance- Incorporate BCM updates in monthly Risk report for MRC.
• Continuously update the BCP/ BIAs and perform BCM Risk Assessment
• Coordinate Emergency & Crisis Management Readiness- Training of Fire wardens &
• Review of Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSAs) & Key Risk Indicators
• Perform Incident Management - Tracking of Incidents from branches &
• Attend UBA Fraud & Forgeries Subcommittee Meetings as may be delegated by
the Chief Risk Oicer.
• Implement lessons learnt from the Incidents as well as UBA Fraud & Forgeries
Subcommittee Meeting to stakeholders (MRC/BRC).
• Actively drive internal stakeholder engagement and appreciation of Risk
• Conduct Outsourcing Risk Assessments.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
• Bachelor degree in finance, Commerce, Business Administration, Economics,
Statistics, Management, Banking, or any relevant field.
• Possession of a Certified banking qualification like ACCA, CPA, CRMP or Master’s
degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage.
• Relevant Practical training in Risk in the financial services sector.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 5 years Banking experience, 3 of which should be in a Supervisory
/ managerial position in a Risk management function.
• Commendable stakeholder engagement skills.
• Very pro-active and self-driven resource.
• Critical thinking, analytical, attention to detail and problem-solving skills to
quickly stop threats of significance to the institution.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• The ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in written form in a
professional manner is deemed essential.
• Ability to build functioning working relationships across organizational,
corporate, and cultural boundaries.
• Takes clear accountability and focuses on delivery of broader corporate goals.
• Ability to take decisions and progress towards goals in conditions of uncertainty.
• Ability to demonstrate positive image and role model PBU’s values and
• Must be a person of impeccable integrity.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS SHOULD ACCOMPANY THE APPLICATION
• Detailed CV
• Certified copies of academic documents
• Applicants address and day time telephone contacts
• Postal/email address and daytime telephone contact of three referees of good
standing in society one of which should be your current Supervisor.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Please send your application to email@example.com addressed to the Chief HR
Oicer and put the job you are applying for as the Subject.
Applications must reach the address above by
Tuesday 28th February 2023 at 5.00pm
PostBank Uganda is an equal opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.