The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for leading the strategic function of Human Resource Management and for maintaining and enhancing the Authority’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:7 years
REF NO PAU/HR&A/091/300
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for leading the strategic function of Human Resource Management and for maintaining and enhancing the Authority’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices. They will also initiate and implement the strategic direction and growth of human resources, including human resource development, with the major objective of achieving excellent staff performance as well as organizational performance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contribute to the overall development of the Human Resources Strategy and provide strategic support for its implementation to ensure the availability of adequate human resources for the organization to perform its operations
• Manage key Human Resource Stakeholders and ensure the Authority participates in Comparator studies that will position it as the Employer of Choice
• Coordinate staff orientation, induction and development processes for new staff and oversee an effective performance management system for all newly recruited staff.
• Guide implementation of the staff Code of Conduct in accordance with regulatory requirements
• Enable the training and further career development of the employees focusing on the task of people management including but not limited to recruitment of staff, managing performance of staff through regular performance appraisal processes, ensuring staff remuneration and welfare.
• Ensure the development and review of Human Resource policies and procedures in the Authority as well as lead the process of Human Resource Budget and Manpower Planning.
• Retain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in Human Resource, talent management, employment laws and apply this to communicate changes in policy and practices
• Undertake any other assignments as may be directed from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE
• An Honor’s Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Humanities, Law from a recognized institution.
• A Master’s degree in Human Resources Management; or Business Administration with a bias in Human Resources Management from a recognized University.
A minimum of seven (7) years’ relevant work experience in a reputable organization, three (3) of which should have been served at middle management/ supervisory level.
Character and Competencies
• Leadership Skills
• Analytical and Report Writing Skills
• Interpersonal Skills
• Stakeholder Management and Networking Skills
• Negotiation Skills
• Analytical and Discerning Skills
• People Management Skills
• Communication Skills
How to apply.
PAU will ONLY consider online applications submitted through her website. Interested persons who fully meet the required job specifications and with the right personal attributes for the above positions are invited to visit the PAU website: www.pau.go.ug and go to the link “OPPORTUNITIES-CAREERS-VACANCIES” to view details and apply for the available opportunities.
All applications should reach the PAU’s website www.pau.go.ug by Monday, 5th
December 2022 at 11:59 pm.
1. ONLY online applications will be considered. Applications submitted by e-mail or hand delivered will not be accepted.
2. Applicants are required to scan and attach only CERTIFIED copies of ALL the required academic documents like Degrees, Transcripts, Diplomas, A-level and O-level certificates and PLE results slip.
3. Academic documents for the successful candidates will be vetted and background checks conducted before they are considered for appointment into the Authority.
4. Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted, and any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
5. All appointments shall be subject to a probationary period of not more than six months and subsequent confirmation in service will be based on satisfactory performance of the individual.
6. Please forward any enquires regarding this advert to firstname.lastname@example.org or call telephone number +256 313231500.
“PAU is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge any money to any applicant for employment in its Service”
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.