- Coordinating with Sales to maximum utilization of company vehicles, monitoring of Vehicle Loading, in Transit, ensuring delivery of materials and documentation of customer’s acknowledgement.
- Outsource vehicles to ensure clearance of Sales loading order in time.
- Issuing of fuel to the vehicles.
- Issuing of Mileage to the Drivers and tunman through a mileage issue register.
- Responsible for loading of the vehicle based on the Motor Vehicle Maximum load chart and according to Uganda National Roads Authority.
- MIS reports: Vehicle Movement Report / Vehicle Breakdown Report / Sales Pending loading Status / Fuel issuing Details and other reports, whenever required
- Coordination with Driver and Maintenance incharge for repairing to ensure vehicles are in good condition before issuing loading order.
- Training to Driver on routine basis on Uganda Traffic Rules and Regulation to avoid Traffic offences.
- Develop a Motor Vehicle maximum load chart for each vehicle as per requirement of Uganda National Roads Authority (UNRA).
- Assisting to raise Purchase Requisition in SAP for Transport Section and follow up with Purchase dept to raise LPO.
- Posting of Goods Receipt and Goods Issue in SAP.
- Processing invoices of Transporters / Spares pars / Fuel expenses and sending to the Head office.
Qualifications: Degree in procurement and logistics, any level of Charted
institute of purchasing and supply (CIPS) is added
1. Reports to the Commercial Manager
Interfaces: (titles of people you deal with, e.g. from other departments, sections, customers)
1. All heads of Departments
Health, Safety and Environmental responsibilities and Ethics:
- Ensure cleanliness in and around the workplace.
Enforce PPE usage by employees in the plant at all times
- Guidance and on-the job training of workers especially new ones in good environmental maintenance and safer working procedures in order to reduce occupational accidents.
- Assist management to identify resources required to improve EHS in the company.
- Ensure good housekeeping in the plant i.e. immediate cleaning of coolants and oil spillages, emptying of waste bins, shift of scrap from respective workplace.
- Ensure proper use of waste bins and their availability at the designated respective locations in the plant
- Assist in taking corrective actions for any EHS deficiencies identified during audits or day to day observations
- Help casualties get immediate medical attention and also work closely with HR and systems coordinator during accidents/incident investigations
- Facilitate security of company staff and property.
- Promote health and safety at the workplace.
- Encourage teamwork for the purpose of a smooth and prosperous management
- Help create a culture and atmosphere of hard work and high personal integrity.
- Safeguard the company's systems and Terms and Conditions of employment.
- Perform any other duties as they may be assigned
Fulfill compliance obligation to international standards for Quality,
Environment, and Occupational Health & Safety as established by STIL in its
Integrated Management System Frame work.
To express interest in this role, send your CV and academic documents to email@example.com and use the job title as the subject