We seek an exceptional Logistics Manager to lead the company in all aspects of logistics management.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
AFRIpads is the world’s leading social enterprise manufacturing reusable sanitary pads. We are founded on the belief that if we can overcome menstrual barriers, we are one step closer to gender equality. Our innovative menstrual health and hygiene solution drive a life-changing impact through our reusable products, menstrual health education, and an evidence-based approach. Our core product – AFRIpads Reusable Menstrual Kits – provides women and girls with a sustainable, quality certified menstrual product solution that offers lasting protection, comfort, and dignity. AFRIpads has its head office in Kampala, Uganda, and branches in Nairobi, Kenya. The AFRIpads factory is located in rural Southwestern Uganda, supported by our team of nearly 140 employees (over 80% female). AFRIpads products are exported to over 40 countries and have impacted the lives of more than 3.5 million women and girls. To learn more, please
We seek an exceptional Logistics Manager to lead the company in all aspects of logistics management. The ideal candidate is an effective planner, a hands-on team leader, a problem solver, and a highly agile individual able to respond to the challenges/needs that arise day today. This position reports directly to the Head of Production and Operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and oversee all logistical movements with AFRIpads vehicles, including any assistance in providing transport services within the company.
- Ensure AFRIpads vehicles are maintained in a timely manner and maintenance costs stay in line with budget.
- Participate in the identification, quantification, monitoring, and review of logistics risks, policies, and systems in accordance with AFRIpads business plan to mitigate logistics risks.
- Oversee transport scheduling and planning, clearing, and forwarding.
- Constant engagement with clients to manage expectations and processes reduced turnaround time for orders.
Outgoing Order Management
- Liaise with relevant departments to ship finished products to the final consumer.
- Administer a diligent order follow-up system that keeps track of all leads and orders and keeps historical data on file.
- Share transport quotes with the Sales Department for potential shipments upon request.
- Source for competitive transport providers for quotations for potential shipments.
- Conduct continuous market research, to ensure cost-effective transport for the movement of company raw materials and finished goods within East Africa and beyond.
- Oversee shipment for customer orders, export arrangements, and documentation.
- Liaise with the Production Manager and drivers to ensure finished products are shipped from the factory to Kampala in time to organize outgoing orders.
Incoming raw materials and product management
- Fast track the inbound and outbound flow of materials for the factory and finished goods to the Distributors and Export Markets.
- Research transport modes for incoming raw material and goods to make the AFRIpads supply chain more cost-effective.
- Keep abreast of lead times for all goods in transit.
- Expedite clearance of imported supplies with requisite authorities like URA, UNBS, etc
- Manage the inbound and out transport within the logistics function and make sure that the security of goods in transit is in place.
- Supplier Contract management.
- Manage relationships with service providers.
- Finished goods and general inventory management and control (Record-keeping and documentation).
Compliance Management with Regulatory Bodies
- Oversee the quality, safety, and compliance of raw materials and finished products.
- Ensure clearance documents are in sync to ensure compliance.
- Ensure products and processes comply with regulatory bodies.
- Effective clearance of import supplies.
- Product certification and testing.
Logistic Planning & Coordination
- Develop and implement logistics planning systems and tools.
- Provide input in the preparation of annual procurement and logistics plans.
- Manage all AFRIpads drivers/operations assistants.
- Manage the Logistics team (i.e. performance management, training and development, HR, etc.)
- Develop and steer the logistics team to professionally and effectively drive the delivery of company goals.
- Staff Management/ Leadership.
- Manage Logistics budget/ costs.
- Provide regular updates to the Head of Department during weekly ‘Operations Team meetings on progress, achievements, and challenges of the logistics function.
Education, Skills, and Expertise
- Degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Supply Chain Management or related area.
- Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport (CILT) Certification is essential.
- Logistics Learning Alliance Certification (LLA) is a plus.
- Membership in relevant professional bodies e.g. CILT, CIPS, IPPU is a plus.
- Strong for-profit business logistics management experience.
- At least three years of compensatory relevant work experience.
- At least two years of work experience as a logistics manager or in a related position.
- Cultural knowledge and experience working or living in a developing market context.
- Experience managing logistics staff Fluent English language skills. Local language skills are a plus
- Social Enterprise experience is a plus.
- Ability to coordinate all various stakeholders in the logistics and supply chain to ensure efficiency.
- Ability to develop logistics planning tools, stock control, and reporting systems/tools.
- Ability to organize and prioritize imports and exports in a cost-effective way.
- Ability to act independently and proactively, while exercising maturity, resilience, and good judgment.
- Proven problem-solver and team player
- Advanced quantitative analysis skills.
- Advanced capability in MS Excel Outstanding written and verbal communications skills (English).
- Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity amongst culturally diverse staff, suppliers, and customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and proactively, with excellent time management.
- Mastery of English with excellent command of the language, both written and oral.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity amongst culturally diverse staff and customers and contacts
- Willingness to work flexible hours (including periodic evenings and weekends) and to travel occasionally within Uganda for work.
- Commitment to the company’s mission and objectives, with a keen interest in social enterprise and the desire to empower and enable value-conscious consumers through a high-impact, BOP-oriented business.
- Respect for all persons, regardless of religion, ethnicity, class, or gender.
AFRIpads (U) Ltd. is offering a competitive compensation package and a temporary 6-month contract.
How to apply,
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
- Suitably qualified candidates should submit their CV (max. 2-pages), cover letter (1-page), and Portfolio (if applicable) to the undersigned no later than 26th April 2022.
Note: Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. In case you do not hear from AFRIpads, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.