Reports to: Administration, Finance, and Logistics Officer (AFLO)
Duration: 1-year renewable
Type of contract: Fixed-term
Deadline to apply:26th March 2021
Expected starting date: Negotiable, from April 5th, 2021
Avocats Sans Frontières (ASF) is a development aid non-governmental organization whose work focuses on giving access to justice and protecting the fundamental rights of all people with a focus on most marginalized groups.
ASF is looking nationally for a suitably qualified candidate to fill in the position of Logistics Assistant and Driver to based in the Kampala office.
Key responsibilities include
Under the supervision of the Administrative Finance and Logistics Officer (AFLO), the Logistics Assistant is tasked with managing the physical and financial assets, the supply chain and the mails of the mission.
The position’s main responsibilities and tasks are:
- Routinely oversee the Vehicle’s mechanical conditions and servicing periods;
- Responsible for the management of the motor vehicle Log Book;
- Coordinate with suppliers for car maintenance and refueling;
- Drive ASF staff within Kampala and the inner country for professional purposes.
Office routine supports
- Provide logistical support to Kampala based activities;
- Development of staff transport plans for field activities (identifying the service providers, contracting, security checks etc.);
- Coordinate service providers, management of office canteen etc.
- Maintain and update all ASF inventories and assets;
- Reports to the AFLO on the Status of Assets (i.e. needs for servicing, damaged and obsolete);
- Monitor and record the Assets movements (Issues & Returns);
Safety and security
Implement the ASF security plan on activities within and outside Kampala
- Manage the complete procurement cycle for both micro and macro procurements with a mind to achieve Value for money;
- Maintain an organized filing system on all the procurements.
- Maintain mission tracker for all planned trips.
- Manage the outgoing and incoming mail on the ASF Kampala Office;
- Delivers outgoing mail in Kampala;
- Maintain the record of all incoming mail at the Kampala office and dispatch among ASF staff.
Degree: Secondary diploma
Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in procurement and logistics, including at least 1 year in a similar role preferably with an NGO
Knowledge and skills: Driving license and ability to drive manual cars
IT: Intermediary level of computer literacy (Excel, Word)
Languages: English required, working knowledge of French is an advantage
Know-how: Good capacity and experience in documentation
Excellent interpersonal skills and multi-tasking ability
Know-how-to be: Good understanding of humanitarian work
Desire to take on new challenges
Motivation to integrate a multicultural and international organization
How to apply
ASF is an equal opportunity employer; interested applicants should send a Cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic transcripts; three reachable references, and salary expectations no later than March 26th, 2021. Applications must be addressed to the AFL Officer by e-mail to email@example.com with “Logistics Assistant/Driver ASF” as the email subject.
ASF will only contact short-listed candidates