Report to: Branch Manager
Location: anywhere in Uganda
Umoja Microfinance is a Ugandan Microfinance located at Ben Okot road, Plot 11, Bukoto Kampala, and started its activities on 1st October 2020. Umoja is a money lending institution licensed by the Uganda Microfinance Regulatory Authority (UMRA) and a member of the Association of Microfinance Institutions of Uganda (AMFIU). Umoja Microfinance exists to serve and empower people to build brighter futures together. Umoja means “unity” in Swahili. We are focused on improving lives through financial inclusion for all people. By providing the initial step up to those in need, we can break the cycle of poverty and empower a new generation of entrepreneurs and leaders in their communities.
Purpose of the position:
To analyze and assess the applicants’ credibility to determine the feasibility of granting loans.
• To market Umoja Microfinance products by clearly explaining to individuals the types of loans and credit options available as well as the terms of loans.
• To carry out proper verification of both the individual's business premises as well as residence prior to recommendation for a loan.
• To evaluate loan applications and documents to confirm authenticity.
• To approve loans and present to the respective Branch Manager for final approval.
• To update clients about any new policy that may be passed by the Company and ensure implementation of the same.
• To ensure that the disbursed loans are recovered back within the stipulated period.
• To review and update accurate information required concerning the loans.
• To obtain and record accurate information about the clients.
• Update in time all the necessary record books.
• Any other duty that may be assigned to you.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university. No need for experience
• Computer literate
• Writing and reporting skills
• Networking and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate in applicable local language(s)
• Track record demonstrating high integrity, reliability, and dependable
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Computer literacy
• Perform other duties as required
• The position requires the willingness to reside within the Program Area
Attach a cover letter, copies of your academic documents, and CV.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section