Literature Study Guide Writer
Creative & Design
Prompt weekly payments – Transparent, competitive rates for each assignment
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Literature Study Guide Writer
- Remote job
Are you an experienced writer with a love of literature and the desire to work from home? We are looking for skilled, passionate writers to contribute to our literature study guide company and our mission to help learners of all ages get more out of the texts they read! Whether you’re a teacher or post-grad student looking for a steady stream of income or an experienced freelance writer ready for reliable and enjoyable assignments, writing literature study guides with SuperSummary could be your dream job.
What we provide for you:
- Prompt weekly payments – Transparent, competitive rates for each assignment
- Performance incentives – Exceed our expectations and timelines to earn a bonus on each assignment
- Tiered rates – Writers who write reliably and well earn higher rates
- Consistent and reliable work on the subject matter you love most and know best
- Fully remote/flexible work schedule – As a freelancer, you work the hours you want from anywhere on the globe
- The ability to indicate assignment preference – Choose the texts you most want to write about from our extensive queue
- A dedicated content team to provide training, support, and editorial feedback – Our coaching helps you grow as a writer
- Regular opportunities to contribute to Content Team projects and company-wide initiatives – Build new skills or flex your existing ones through creative initiatives
- Opportunities for growth – We provide a clear advancement path for those looking to grow along with our company
What you provide for us:
- A commitment to write 2 (or more!) study guides per month
- A commitment to complete a paid trial assignment during the interview process
- A passionate specialization in a genre of literature, be that classic or popular fiction, YA/MG literature, nonfiction, poetry, plays, or anything in between
SuperSummary is a fast-growing literature study guide company that helps students, teachers, and everyday readers understand a variety of fiction, nonfiction, and poetry texts. Our study guides are authoritative and comprehensive, written by seasoned teachers, professors, and advanced-degree holders with years of experience in their fields—including the humanities, social sciences, and natural sciences. As a fully remote team, we’re able to harness creative talent from across the world in order to create study guides that exceed readers’ expectations.
Our ideal candidate is a highly skilled writer with a passion for reading and the ability to analyze and summarize literature. A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in English or a related field is necessary for every SuperSummary study guide writer, and advanced degrees in the humanities or teaching experience are a huge plus. Our writers bring an analytical lens and approachable style to each study guide they write, utilizing their specialized training or interests to write about titles ranging from classic and popular fiction to YA/MG literature, nonfiction, poetry, and plays. We’re looking to develop long-term relationships with writers who want to contribute to our growing team while maintaining a flexible schedule.
About the study guides:
- Our study guides are 5,000-25,000 words, depending on the length and complexity of the text at hand.
- Study guides include a balanced combination of summary and analysis, including chapter summaries and analyses, themes, symbols, character development, and more.
- Fiction books we’ve covered include Exhalation (Ted Chiang), Deacon King Kong (James McBride), and Beloved (Toni Morrison).
- Nonfiction books we’ve covered include The Death and Life of the Great Lakes (Dan Egan), The Ballot or the Bullet (Malcolm X), and Helter Skelter (Vincent Bugliosi, Curt Gentry).
- Middle Grade/Young Adult books we’ve covered include The Inquisitor’s Tale (Adam Gidwitz), Brown Girl Dreaming (Jacqueline Woodson), and Front Desk (Kelly Lang).
- Poetry we’ve covered includes “Ozymandias” (Percy Bysshe Shelley), “We Real Cool” (Gwendolyn Brooks), and “An American Sunrise” (Joy Harjo).
- Plays we’ve covered include Antigone (Sophocles), A Raisin in the Sun (Lorraine Hansberry), and Amadeus (Peter Shaffer).
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience working with deadlines
- Experience with literary analysis and/or academic writing
- Advanced degrees in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences
- Teaching or tutoring experience is a huge plus!
SuperSummary supports workplace diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or any other protected class.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.