Business Unit: Prudential Assurance Uganda Limited
Business Function: Digital
Job Title: Lead Data Analyst
Reports to: Senior Manager, Digital Transformation
Our client is a wholly-owned comprises of a portfolio of businesses focused on structural growth markets. The business helps individuals to de-risk their lives and deal with their biggest financial concerns through life insurance. One of the longest standing and most successful global insurers in the world with over 20 million life customers, +24,000 employees and £56billion of assets under management as at 30th June 2019.
It has been providing financial security to customers since 1848 and it’s one of the oldest insurers in the world, with 171 continuous years of providing financial services. The firm is listed on stock exchanges in London, Hong Kong, Singapore and New York.
Provides protection and savings opportunities to customers, social and economic benefits to the communities in which it operates, jobs and opportunities to its employees and financial benefits for its investors. By offering security, pooling savings and making investments, the firm helps to maintain the cycle of growth. The company’s strategy is designed to create sustainable economic value for its customers and shareholders.
The company continues to develop its businesses in new markets in Africa, building on the success of its other regional models, particularly Asia. Currently, the company has a footprint in eight countries: Uganda, Kenya, Zambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Cameroon, Cote d’ Ivoire and Togo.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Transformation of PAUL, the Analyst will, under guidance, maintain accuracy, efficiency and timeliness of Data migrated into Sunrise Stack and support the support the post go-live Sunrise activities.
As the ideal resource for this role, the successful candidate will be an ardent team player, with excellent people skills. In addition, she/he will be highly confidential, the go to person with an analytical mind- set, proactive and self-driven, with ability to meet deadlines on short notice.
• Data Transformation Analysis: Liaise with Business analysts to capture essential formulae/calculations/rules/concatenations and other data manipulations deemed essential for Migration requirements.
• Compiling, verifying accuracy and sorting information to prepare source data for computer entry
• Reviewing report data for deficiencies or errors, correcting any incompatibilities and checking output
• Performs data entry under the direct supervision of a senior employees when required to rectify data
• Accuracy and attention to detail are required, to ensure proper quality check of the Migrated data
• Checks and reviews data report for accuracy and completeness;
• Assists in the generation of reports by operation of a personal or mainframe computer;
• Separates and collates output into a final format for mailing or distribution.
• Engaging with stakeholders and migration team to close any gaps.
• Data Source Analysis: Liaise with Business to ensure any discrepancy between the Source and Migrated data is highlighted in a report
• Assist in Data entry as and when required.
• Data quality analysts acquire data from primary or secondary data sources to maintain database systems. They also identify and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• This role involves filtering and “cleaning” data by reviewing computer reports and performance indicators to correct any data problems and check the efficiency of the data collection processes in place.
• Data quality analysts interpret data and analyse the results using statistical techniques. They provide ongoing reports on the effects of different strategies and observe any trends or issues to raise with senior management. Coordination Activities
• Data quality analysts work with management to prioritize business and information needs and identify new processes that will improve the systems in place and define new opportunities.
• Coordinate with Migration Team, Business and other Stakeholders on a daily basis, to keep track of the Migration effort.
• Daily Reporting to Senior Manager on the status of Migration
• If Migration Team is facing any challenges, engage with concerned teams, to address the issue.
• Liaise with Business to understand the quality check rules for Migrated Data and able to sort/filter/search through huge amount of excel/spreadsheet-based data.
• Follow though the checklist provided by the business while doing the QC analysis of the migrated data.
• Assisting team with other System related activities such as ePOS entry, raising ticket in Jira, tracking issues, and any support required with managing the centralized database.
• Lead on the quality check of the migrated data
• Lead on the coordination of a complete Data migration among various teams.
• Keep Track of the Migration Quality check and guide them as required.
• Perform any other duties as may be required by the Senior Manager, Digital and CEO.
• Daily reporting to the Senior Manager on the project/activity status.
Core Competences Required:
• Graduate in Computer Science or equivalent
• At least 5 years of working experience in Data Analysis
• Mandatory - Excellent Spreadsheet/Excel skills with advanced knowledge related to Macros, Pivot charts, Complex formulas etc.
• Preferred – Someone who has experience in Data Migration and has led a project similar to Migration.
• Experience in Data Entry in various platforms – such as Excel sheets or other operating systems
• Ability to work under high-pressure environment and must be capable of multi-tasking
• Proficient in supervising activities of quality assurance staff
• Computer skills – much of this role requires using different software programs, so strong computer skills are a must, as is the ability to quickly pick up new programs and techniques as technology evolves
• Excellent technical abilities, strong analytical skills, and effective communication
• Stakeholder relationship management skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• A strong background in database management may be beneficial.
• Ability to prioritise tasks and activities
• Ability to successfully work in a high activity, fast paced environment
• Ability to proactively network with colleagues in the industry