Under the direction of the Land Acquisition Manager, work closely with the RAP contractor to ensure respect of the contract and schedule for land acquisition and identify any drift from the scope or planning.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
- Bachelors degree in Social Studies, Environment, Sustainable Development or any related field
- Minimum 5 years experience in Environment/social position in developmental project
- Experience in oil and gas industry and mining an added advantage
- Knowledge of the IFC Standards and associated environmental and Social requirements
- Clear understanding of Resettlement Action plans
- Knowledge of the legal and regulatory standards on Land management in Uganda is an added advantage
- Proven work experience as Support Officer, Administrator or similar role
- Experience with office management software like MS Office
- Strong organization skills with a problem-solving attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Under the direction of the Land Acquisition Manager, work closely with the RAP contractor to ensure respect of the contract and schedule for land acquisition and identify any drift from the scope or planning.
- Support the implementation of the strategy / management plan for permanent and temporary land acquisition, compensation and re-settlement.
- Engage with project departments and staff in the successful creation and implementation of plans to address permanent and temporary land acquisition, compensation and resettlement issues.
- Identify risks and solutions for problems or issues related to land acquisition and resettlement that could put the Project schedule or activities at risk.
- Participate in engagement with all stakeholders on land acquisition and resettlement related issues, representing the Project and ensuring messages passed are consistent with the overall stakeholder engagement plan.
- Work closely with the Livelihood restoration Coordinators to contribute to the design and piloting of livelihood restoration programmes.
- Provide administrative support to the lands team such as certifying payments, data entry and monitoring, minute taking, preparing reports and presentations with statistical data, as assigned
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.