Team IT Department
Reporting Structure Senior Software Developer
Design and Develop
• Analyze client needs and design software solutions
• Mobile App Development
• Web App Development
• Write, update and maintain computer programs or software packages
• Support and update deployed solutions when required
• Write or contribute to instructions or manuals to guide end-users
Problem Solving & Training
• Consult with and assist computer operators or system analysts to define and resolve problems in running computer programs
Monitoring and Integrating
• Internal Monitoring / Logging dashboards
• Help troubleshoot and offer technical assistance in case any system/application/client has any issues
• API integration assistance for clients that are integrating to any of our services
Skills and Experience
• Understanding of at least 1 programming language preferably Java, PHP, Python
• Exposure to software design disciplines, such as client-server solution architecture, MVC Models, OOP
• Understanding of SQL databases
• Knowledge of API design and integration
• Ability to respond to inquiries about the software 24 hours each day
• Ability to develop under UNIX environment
• Experience in at least one collaborative software tool such as SVN, GIT, CVS, Mercurial, etc.…
• Strong debugging skills
• Knowledge in mobile application development is a plus.
• Knowledge of API design and integration is a plus.
• Knowledge of USSD and SMS systems is a plus.
• Excellent Project Planning and Progress Reporting Skills.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree with a specialization in software/IT or at least 3 years’ experience in software development.
• The position is office-based (locally) some level of travel within Uganda and Kenya will be required
• Normal working hours are 8.30 am – 5.30 pm
• Fun working environment
• Team Work
• Regular Team Building
• Competitive Salary
• 21 days annual holiday
• Medical Insurance