We are looking for an experienced Investment Analyst to undertake financial research and report on prospective investment avenues.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Entry level
- Experience Length:2 years
We are looking for an experienced Investment Analyst to undertake financial research and report on prospective investment avenues. The successful candidate will study how an investment is likely to perform and how sustainable it is. You will participate in our sound portfolio-management strategy by providing the necessary data for our decision-making process.
● Perform financial due diligence and analysis on prospective projects, and businesses and recommend an investment decision.
● Carry out initial screening of businesses in the existing pipeline and support on developing the pipeline on an ongoing basis.
● Supporting the various businesses/start ups in making investment decisions/transaction support such as investment options to take (debt, equity, quasi, etc), reviewing their term sheets.
● Carry out market assessments and ongoing market analysis i.e macroeconomic, regulatory and operational assessments.
● Support in the design of programs to increase access to credit and financing for the businesses in our portfolio.
● Develop an investment policy aligned with the company strategy and investment criteria for evaluating prospective projects.
● Creating financial models that enhance the return on investment of projects and financial planning.
● Develop detailed financial models and projections for start-ups/businesses to enable and support investment decision-making.
● Track and manage a pipeline of new potential investments. i.e assisting in identifying qualified investors and managing numerous investor relationships.
● Prepare financial documents for presentation to potential and current investors on specific investments.
● Analyzing company accounts and financial projections and advising the company on how to best position its investments.
● Ensuring that all investment compliance regulations are met.
● Examine and assess economic and market trends, earnings prospects, financial statements, and various other indicators and factors to determine suitable investment strategies.
● Compile advisory reports and make informed recommendations on new investment opportunities and funds that could enhance or diversify portfolios.
● Develop complex financial models.
● Any other duties as may be assigned by your Supervisor.
● Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in finance or any business-related course. A Master’s degree in Economics, Business, or Finance is an added advantage.
● A certification in finance is an added advantage.
● Experience in areas of non-collateral lending, SME finance, and value chain finance.
● At least two years experience in top-tier banking, consulting, private equity, or similar.
● Should possess business planning skills including financial modeling and budgeting.
● Must demonstrate skills in communication, negotiation, and presentation.
● Strong numerical skills.
● Strong analytical mind with a keen sense of mathematical patterns and correlations.
● Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
● Good IT literacy, i.e. MS. Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel.
● Great attention to detail.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and a package of exceptional benefits.
How to apply.
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
The deadline to submit is 6th February 2023.
Interviews are conducted on a rolling basis. Only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.