Within Uganda , Iganga , East Africa
Job Title : Internal Auditor (Provide Audit functions).
No of Vacancy : 1
Terms: Contract basis
Reports to: The Internal Audit reports to UDHA Board through the Chairman Audit & Finance Committee.
Location : UDHA headquarters in Iganga, with frequent travels in the districts of Operation
The internal audit function is aimed at providing independent oversight on the quality of financial and operational functions of UDHA and donor. The internal audit services will work across all departments and operational and financial processes, and identify weaknesses and suggest improvements.
The role involves designing Audit procedures and ensuring implementation of those procedures with the aim of minimizing risks and safeguarding resources as well as ensuring financial systems comply with institutional procedures and terms of the grant.
• Perform internal audit assignments on a systematic and periodic basis in accordance with the annual coverage plan.
• Assist in the design of internal controls on financial and operational processes
• Review financial and operational processes and identify weaknesses.
• Consolidate and prepare quarterly audit reports to the Board Audit & Finance Committee
• Advice on ways in which UDHA can improve efficiency, economy, transparency and completeness in the financial and operational processes.
• Develop Management Letter Tracker letter and follow-up on their implementation of recommendations by different office assigned.
• Review and investigate integrity breaches by staff & associated service providers and work with the Executive Officer to resolve the matters.
• Support the Board in evaluation and identification of statutory auditors
• Carry out any other assignments as required by UDHA board and management
• Coordinate and work with the Internal Auditor will develop an in-depth understanding of the functions to be audited possess analytical skills and experience in identifying inefficiencies, present recommendations and resolve issues with Management.
• Honors Business/Mathematical Degree
• Should be a member of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda (ICPAU) and/or Certified Internal Auditor
• Computer literacy with advanced skills in the use of MS Office tools
• 3 years of Audit work with an audit firm and/or a large organization/business
• Previous experience working with an INGO/NGO will be an advantage
How to apply.
Candidates who meet all the requirements are encouraged to submit in a single PDF file, their cover letter, CV and CERTIFIED copies of academic documents and email to email@example.com with copy to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The cover should be addressed to:
The Senior Human Resource Officer
Uganda Development and Health Associates (UDHA)
P.O. Box 77, Iganga Municipality
Posting date: 3rd January, 2022
Tuesday 21st Jan, 2022 by 5:00 pm
While UDHA appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from UDHA two weeks after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful. Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any telephone solicitation will lead to automatic disqualification.