Steel and Tube Industries the leading manufacturers of steel products in the region. Steel and Tube Industries is an equal opportunity employer and is seeking to recruit a competent individual to fill the vacant Position ofInternal Audit Assistant
Internal Audit Assistant
The position reports to the Senior-Internal Auditor
The main purpose of the job is: -
· To provide information systems assurance by performing finance, IT and operations auditing for all company activities and functions
· Working closely with senior management to ensure that control recommendations are implemented and for all aspects of the company-wide internal control evaluation activities, including planning, coordination, risks assessments, communications of audit recommendations and control/operational implementations, coordinate with internal and external audit teams
Prime responsibilities of the position:
· To conduct finance, IT and operational audits based on the annual audit plan, any areas for improvement discussed and reported to senior management and executives.
· Assist in providing input into the audit plan according to the strategic objectives and the associated risks.
· Assess the risks inherent in the company’s processes and recommend measures to mitigate them.
· Monitor the operation of identified controls and recommendations on an ongoing basis through performing Continuous Control Monitoring (CCM)
· Assess the risks inherent in the company’s operations and recommend measures to mitigate them
· Perform internal financial control reviews and recommend areas for improvement
· Foster a culture of risk awareness within the company
· Monitor the operation of identified controls and recommendations on an ongoing basis
· Ensure adequate utilization of resource within the internal audit unit
· Provide input to the annual internal audit budget
· Perform ad hoc audits including crisis management
· Ensure compliance to audit methodology and laid down standards and make recommendations where changes are required
· Communicate the results of audit and consulting projects via written reports to senior internal auditor for inclusion into quarterly audit and risk committee reports
· Provide input into the allocated sections quarterly audit and risk committee reports.
· Provide input to the overall audit methodology and supporting processes to ensure compliance with the required standards of the Institute of Internal Auditors and International Best Practice
· Advise management on issues pertaining to risk management, internal controls and corporate governance processes.
· Incorporate knowledge gained from consulting engagements into audit assignments and overall audit plan
· Represent Internal Audit on special business projects to champion proactive risk management
· Perform complex, non-standard, ad-hoc tasks as requested by the Chief Internal Auditor.
The applicant must possess the following;
§ Bachelor's degree in Commerce or Business Administration with a focus in accounting or finance
§ Professional qualification in Accountancy/ Auditing i.e. ACCA, CIA, CPA etc.
§ Qualifications in CISA, Experience in use of CAATs, and or Experience in forensics audits is an added advantage.
§ Minimum 3 years in an internal audit function within a manufacturing industry or 5 years in external audit specializing in business process assurance with a reputable audit firm.
§ Broad working knowledge of auditing techniques and standards
§ Enterprise wise risk assessment approaches.
§ Strong experience in performing and leading manufacturing risk assessments as well as development and execution of audit plans
§ Audit, Risk and Assurance in the Manufacturing environment
§ Understanding of Steel and Tube operations
Interested candidates should send their Job Applications with detailed CVs, copies of academic certificates (originals are to be presented at the interview) and names and addresses of three referees addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Human Resource Manager, Steel and Tube Industries Kampala, not later than Friday February 26, 2021.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.