The Information Technology Security Officer is responsible for the security operations in protecting FINCA Uganda information assets such as IT infrastructure, edge devices, networks and data.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
The Information Technology Security Officer is responsible for the security operations in protecting FINCA Uganda information assets such as IT infrastructure, edge devices, networks and data. More granularly against internal and external attacks. S/he will be responsible for preventing unauthorized access and attacks on IT assets.
Information Technology Security Officer will help to protect FINCA Uganda information assets by employing a range of technologies and processes to prevent, detect and manage cyber threats. The Information security officer will also be responsible for employing mechanisms of protecting customer data and its privacy to safeguard FINCA against breaches. The IT security officer will further protect IT infrastructure (including networks, hardware and software) from a range of criminal activity. S/He will monitor networks and systems, detect security threats (‘events’), analyze and report on threats, intrusion attempt, either resolving them or escalating them, depending on the severity.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Setting up and implementing user access controls and identity and access management systems
- Analyzing and assessing vulnerabilities in the infrastructure (software, hardware, and networks), investigating available tools and countermeasures to remedy the detected vulnerabilities.
- Performing regular audits to ensure security practices are compliant
- Deploying endpoint detection and prevention tools to thwart malicious hacks
- Setting up patch management systems to update applications automatically
- Implementing comprehensive vulnerability management systems across all assets on-premises and in the cloud
- Designing new security systems or upgrading existing ones
- Identifying IT security weaknesses and implementing solutions
- Working hand in hand with the IS security personnel in planning for disaster recovery in the event of any security breaches
- Monitoring for attacks, intrusions and unusual, unauthorized or illegal activity
- Testing and evaluate security products
- Using advanced analytic tools to determine emerging threat patterns and vulnerabilities
- Engage in ‘ethical hacking’, for example, simulating security breaches
- Identifying potential weaknesses and implement measures, such as firewalls and encryption
- Monitoring identity and access management, including monitoring for abuse of permissions by authorized system users
- Liaising with stakeholders in relation to IT security issues and provide future recommendations
- Generating reports for both technical and non-technical staff and stakeholders
- Maintaining an IT risk register and assist with internal and external audits relating to IT security
- Monitoring and responding to ‘phishing’ emails and ‘pharming’ activity
- Assisting with the creation, maintenance, and delivery of cyber security awareness training for colleagues
- Ensure regular DR tests are done and results properly documented
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for and arranging reviews and 1:1’s
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Digital Forensics
- IT Risk Management
- Vulnerability scanning, Assessment, and remediation
- Ethical Hacking & Penetration Testing
- Windows Administration / Linux Administration & Scripting.
- Structured Root Cause Analysis and problem management.
- Reporting Writing, communication and Presentations
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science or related field.
A professional Security Certification such as (SANS, CISSP, CISA, CISM, Security+, CEH, CNSSP, CFFP).
A Network Administration Certifications such as (CCNA /P)
3 years of work experience in an enterprise IT environment as an IT Security professional/ specialist.
Proven experience supporting IT security and implementing IT security technologies.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to take up this role in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th November 2022
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.