Liquid Telecom is the leading independent data, voice and IP provider in eastern, central and southern Africa. It supplies fiber optic, satellite and international carrier services to Africa’s largest mobile network operators, ISPs and businesses of all sizes. Liquid Telecom also provides payment solutions to financial institutions and retailers, as well as award winning data storage and communication solutions to businesses across Africa and beyond
The incumbent will be responsible for success of the Liquid Telecom cloud partner channel in the defined territory. This includes partner recruitment, partner enablement, partner progression, reseller sales, reporting attainment of target KPI’s and supporting OpCo channel managers to develop and grow Liquid Telecom’s cloud business though channel partners. The Indirect Partner Sales Specialist plans and implements the channel sales objectives, initiatives, and sales strategies both directly and with OpCo partner channels where available to maximize revenue, meet sales targets and attain specified KPI’s related to non-revenue channel growth targets.
The defined territory is all OpCo’s excluding South Africa, with focus on Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda, and Zambia. Priority countries may be changed from time-to-time and close collaboration with the South Africa channel sales team is required.
- The Indirect Partner Sales Specialist is directly responsible to perform the following functions:
- Responsible for training OpCo channel managers how to effectively position and sell company products.
- Propose and leverage training materials and collateral for resellers.
- Propose and leverage incentives and rebates as required.
- Leverage channel communications methods and activities to resellers and Channel Managers.
- Implement sales programs for product positioning and promotions
- Understand how partner businesses operate and their drivers.
- The Indirect Partner Sales Specialist both performs the following and supports the OpCo to perform the following functions as appropriate:
- Identify, recruit and on-board new channel partners to build the Liquid Telecom cloud business.
- Manage new and existing channel partners to increase cloud product sales.
- Build positive working relationship with partners to ensure smooth partner services.
- Educate partners on product portfolio and complimentary services offered.
- Work with partners to conduct product presentations to end customers.
- Coordinate with partners to identify new business opportunities for revenue generation
- Ensure that partners are up-to-date with product information.
- Introduce new products and its features to partners.
- Conduct business reviews with partners.
- Understand and communicate Liquid Telecom and cloud vendor programs, incentives and rebates, and communicating these to the Liquid Telecom cloud channel
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Commercial, business or IT-related bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Three years of related experience in channel sales and management, with at least 2 years channel management in Africa.
- Software sales experience essential (cloud preferred).
- Telco, connectivity experience beneficial
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS AREAS
- Problem solving.
- Working in a multi-faceted team.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Skype/Teams, Excel, Word)
All applications should be submitted to email@example.com on or before 11th September 2020.