There are many accounting firms but far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. The company understands that exceptional service to their clients begins and ends with exceptional regard for people.
Our client is looking for a Human Resources professional to provide support in the various human resource functions which include but not limited to sourcing, on-boarding, training, development, performance management, employee relations, and retention.
The ideal candidate will support in implementing People policies, strategies and providing administrative support to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the Firm’s staff in serving our clients. He or She will be reporting to the Partner/ Director, HR.
• Develop strategies and plans that contribute to business planning and objectives from an HR perspective.
• Guide the Firm in preparing long-term and annual resourcing plans for both Graduate Recruitment and experienced hires to meet the Firm’s talent needs.
• Spearhead recruitment efforts to identify new hires and conduct comprehensive onboarding programs for new staff.
• Champion Learning and Development programs and initiatives and ensure compliance with Continuous Professional Development requirements.
• Continuously improve, create, and implement employee engagement programs to address employee needs and wellbeing.
• Champion the Firm’s high-performance culture through the performance management process, talent differentiation, and career coaching.
• Assist in the design and development of rewards and recognition programs, policies, and procedures. Participate in the salary review process by presenting market trends and information to inform the reward decisions.
• Maintain best practice in employee relations, handle disciplinary matters, and interact with management and employees to resolve grievances in a timely manner.
• Maintain the integrity of the HRMS system (software), ensuring it remains effective and operational always.
• Manage the exit process of employees and use exit feedback information to advise the Firm on how to enhance staff motivation and retention.
• Prepare and analyze HR management reports used for decision-making by the business units.
• Develop and maintain strategic relationships with professional HR associations and keep abreast of developments in the HR space and advise the Firm’s leadership accordingly.
• Be the front-line interface and control point of HR and participate as a member of the senior management team to ensure that HR matters are considered in decision-making.
• On a continuous basis, review the human resource policies and performance management processes of the Firm to ensure consistency with best practice and market trends.
Other Responsibilities (these represent not more than 15% of the HR Manager’s time)
• Oversee the HR administrative function (Medical, leave, HR records management)
• Provide quality leadership to the direct reports to ensure they are engaged and motivated and coach them for career growth.
• Participate in the Firm’s social responsibility and marketing activities.
• Participate in special projects within HR and represent the firm in external committees where HR participation is required.
• Generate proposals on ways to improve HR processes and procedures, and other HR matters to drive innovation and creativity within the HR space.
Academic Qualifications and Experience
• A Bachelor’s Degree in either HR, Social or Business Studies
• Professional qualification in Human Resources
• Masters’ in either Human Resource, Organizational Development or Social Studies is an added advantage.
• Minimum of 7 years working experience in a busy HR environment, of which 2 years should be in a management role.
Technical Skills and Personal attributes
• Human Resources Management Skills - Understanding of best HR practices and trends; change management skills; leadership skills; and team building and ability to motivate and develop staff. • Knowledge of labor laws and regulations in Uganda.
• Proficiency in MS Office applications, and knowledge of HR Information Systems.
• Good professional written and verbal communication skills.
• A positive attitude and a proactive approach.
• Must be a strong, decisive, results-oriented leader who can develop and manage relationships across the Firm and with a wide variety of stakeholders based on trust and teamwork.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines.
• High level of interpersonal skills and integrity; solid team player.
• Ability to influence senior management, establish and maintain collaborative partnerships and provide thought leadership.
• Ability to architect and drive change.
• Ability to lead in a global, matrix environment.
Applicants are required to send their application letters and CV through the Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section by June 15, 2021. Only successful applicants will be contacted.