The Human Resource Officer plays a supportive role to the main HR functions including performance management, capacity building, training & development initiatives, recruitment & selection, staff retention efforts, dissemination of HR policies-guidelines-and other general communications to staff, safety-health-&welfare; aspects, and employee relations.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
East African Ministries|4africa is a faith-based organization that exist to exalt Jesus Christ by restoring and empowering people to become good stewards of their community and country- imparting biblical principles through sustainable clean water and preventative health initiatives while educating future leaders, all with a heart for service.
EAM|4africa has programs in Uganda and South Sudan, and support offices in the US and Australia. EAM|4africa is seeking for qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy.
JOB POSITION: Human Resource Officer (1 position)
REPORTS TO: Human Resource Manager
JOB LOCATION: Gulu City
JOB TYPE: Full-time
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS: 14th August 2022, 4:00 pm
The Human Resource Officer plays a supportive role to the main HR functions including performance management, capacity building, training & development initiatives, recruitment & selection, staff retention efforts, dissemination of HR policies-guidelines-and other general communications to staff, safety-health-&welfare aspects, and employee relations. The office holder will also be responsible for document generation & records management, staff attendance & leave management, attending to planned & adhoc HR work orders, planning schedules and organizing meetings-events-activities-and related & to post management, and managing general office administrative requirements at the job location, among others.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Assists with Staff Performance Management
- Participates in planning, organizing, and conducting of related staff training initiatives, and post-management.
- Supports the implementation of performance management initiatives from time to time. iii. Offers technical support to appraisal processes, and monitors performance order schedules and compilations-related reports.
- Provides timely feedback to inform actions and decisions.
Participates in Recruitment, Selection, and Onboarding processes
- These include areas of job application sorting and screening, keeping job applicants abreast of the recruitment process flow, performing regrets, reference checks, and generation of new staff files, among others.
- Provide support in organizing and managing orientation/induction, training programs/events, general onboarding exercises, and updates of materials in use in liaison with necessary stakeholders.
Nurture staff employment life period to discharge
- Supports staff retention and motivation initiatives.
- Assists in ensuring an environment that supports employees to perform optimally.
- Follows up on handover and clearance processes for exiting staff.
Staff Leave management and daily/weekly attendance
- Follows-up on daily attendance and verification of presence for duty.
- Informs decisions through attendance trend analyses.
- Generates a Master Staff Leave Schedule, its successful operationalization through the year, processing of staff leave requests, their clearance, and feedback, and filing in staff personal files. iv. Reviews tools in use according to need, in liaison with the HRM, and bridges all gaps to ensure user-friendliness of the system.
Support the dissemination of HR policies-guidelines-procedures to staff
- Assists in sharing appropriately clarify and disseminating relevant information appropriately in liaison with the HRM.
- Brings to attention mismatched issues regarding policies and guidelines in force.
- Keeps abreast of HR best practices and related labor laws and governance trends.
Safety, Health, and Staff Welfare
- Puts in place guiding measures to facilitate observance and proper use of the various office spaces.
- Ensures that users are well guided and equipment to observe safety and health measures. Works with relevant stakeholders to ensure that equipment, facilities, and furnishing are adequate, safe, and sound.
- Keeps abreast of related initiatives and gives guidance appropriately.
Planned & Adhoc HR Work Orders
- Maintains a clear schedule of work order/s on daily basis.
- Readily adapts work tasks and prioritizes effort.
- Gives frequent and prompt feedback on task performances.
- Endeavors to keep up with work changes, unstructured and adhoc work demands.
HR Department Administration
- Maintains both hard and digital copies of employees' records, and ensures effective record keeping of HR documents.
- Assists in Planning schedules organizes meetings-events-activities on request & post meeting management and maintains agendas.
- Prepares summaries, produces and submits periodic reports on HR activities to the HRM, and takes minutes for HR-related meetings and their post-management.
- Perform clerical work tasks.
- Participates in field visits and tasks from time to time as you will be guided.
Support to Work Station General Administrative
- In close liaison with relevant stakeholders, participates in general office operations and administration requirements.
- Offers related support to other OFA office premises.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent confidentiality and privacy.
- Critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Organizational and Teamwork, keen on detail.
- Driving/ riding skills.
- Can work under pressure.
- Ability to be flexible and adoptive.
- Ready to learn.
REQUIRED ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Industrial Organization psychology, or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience in Human Resource Management.
- Ability to work long hours, and cope with adhoc and unstructured work demands.
- Computer competence and experience in MS Word, MS Excel, and PowerPoint presentation (experience with HRIS is of added advantage).
- Must be a practicing Christian.
- Willing to travel nationally and internationally on work assignments
How to apply.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.