Under the direct supervision of the Human Resource and Administration Manager, the Human Resource and Administration Officer supports the affairs related to the day to day running of the EFL head office and is responsible for supporting the development and attainment of HR strategy by facilitating and enabling fast and effective execution of HR transactional tasks in collaboration with Line Managers and the entire HR Team. The job holder manages the general operational aspects of the HR function in partnership with Business partners in delivering a comprehensive and efficient HR service delivery to the business.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:2 years
JOB TITLE: HR OFFICER
LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE
DEPARTMENT: HR DEPARTMENT
Eleglance Finance is a privately-owned microfinance institution dedicated to delivering benefits of financial services tailored to individuals, groups, and SMEs that find it challenging to access services from mainstream banks. Our investment goes beyond providing capital but creating innovative solutions tailored toward the financial needs of growing private equity. We opened doors in May 2012 and have since then expanded to 5 branches (Entebbe, Soroti, Lira, Kabalagala, and Kamwokya) with our headquarters in Entebbe.
Under the direct supervision of the Human Resource and Administration Manager, the Human Resource and Administration Officer supports the affairs related to the day-to-day running of the EFL head office and is responsible for supporting the development and attainment of HR strategy by facilitating and enabling fast and effective execution of HR transactional tasks in collaboration with Line Managers and the entire HR Team. The job holder manages the general operational aspects of the HR function in partnership with Business partners in delivering a comprehensive and efficient HR service delivery to the business.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Recruitment and On-boarding: Support the HR Manager to:
- Initiate and coordinate all recruitment requests and follow through on hiring procedures in line with the policy.
- Prepare and post all job advertisements for all vacant positions in appropriate channels and ensure wide and appropriate distribution, this includes e-filing of applications and sending out HR communications.
- Maintain a recruitment resource database (CVs).
- Ensure that orientation & induction programmes are delivered according to company guidelines.
HR Records & Information Management:
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date personnel records of all employees including orderly archiving. Act as a point of contact for HR & Admin inquiries.
- Responsible for all employee-related data and ensuring that employee information is always updated in soft copy and on personal files and manages both their access and retrieval.
- Performance Management: Support the HR Manager to coordinate timely performance appraisals and ensure that performance evaluations for all staff are conducted on time and review all evaluations to ensure quality and consistency. Collate training needs from the appraisals and ensure that they are captured in the annual learning and development plan.
Health & GPA Insurance Management
- Ensure all staff and eligible dependents are registered on to the schemes, monitor staff medical coverage and ensure that the scheme is functioning well.
- Liaise with the service providers to resolve any issues with the services.
- Follow up on all medical & GPA insurance matters for staff including adding and deleting staff on the insurance policy schemes as well as follow up on payments and claims.
- Managing contracts: Engages, monitor and manage all HR and administration outsourced contractors for services such as Insurance, medical cover, welfare, consultancy, etc. to ensure that such are in compliance with service level agreements and EFL policies and procedures.
- HR Administration: In charge of managing the administration of employee leave, benefits, and welfare by compiling, verifying, and approval as well as filing and tracking in line with set institutional standards and procedures.
- Staff Advances: Processes all staff loans and advances against budget and in compliance with other internal borrowing procedures, recommends them for approval/decline, and updates the same with the payroll to ensure full compliance and management of recovery.
- Separation Management: In liaison with the HR Manager, manage the administrative aspects of the staff separation process (i.e documentation) arising out of staff or EFL decision in line with HR policy.
- HR Letters: In charge of processing and issuance of all HR correspondences due to employees; timely, accurately and per standard formats, and ensures effective filing and centralized management for update and retrieval as. Develop an effective information management procedure.
- HR Reporting: Develop daily/weekly/monthly reports on HR operations activities. Ensure the necessary management information required (HR Analytics) is provided to the HR Manager and other business departments as and when needed in enhancing efficiency & accountability.
- Work with the HR Manager to coordinate staff meetings in all branches and ensure that minutes are taken, filed, and distributed along with any other relevant materials.
- Taking care of all administrative details, coordinating the flow of work, and ensuring that all deadlines are met (plans, budgets, and reports). This will also include consistently enforcing the organization's administrative policies designed to create a smooth flow of activities and a conducive working environment in the company.
- Maintain diary system using shared electronic diary on Microsoft Outlook on all schedules of the company.
- To provide secretarial and administrative support to the Managing Director and Head Office.
- Establishing and maintaining computerized databases of the institution’s contacts, service providers, and other relevant information as required.
- General administration/clerical support including photocopying, mail-outs, stationery and equipment supplies, and filing.
- Maintaining the overall standard of Head Office and branches office space including liaising with cleaning services and other service providers that are occasionally required to do some work in branches.
- Ensure regular orderliness and tidiness of all the offices.
- Report any damages or facility maintenance needs of the office areas promptly on a daily basis and ensure that repairs and maintenance is done timely.
- Ensuring proper storage of all cleaning materials and stationery and timely requests for the need of items
- Ensuring that all staff meals are well prepared and served promptly on a daily basis in all branches.
- Attend to walk-in clients and client calls and offer them support.
- Ensures that quotes for goods and services, including travel are made in accordance with established financial, administrative, and procurement procedures.
- Obtain Supplies and materials needed by the company according to a set schedule and specifications and at optimal prices.
- To scrutinize and check invoices for accuracy, and check goods and services that have been delivered.
- Coordinate central procurement of goods and services that are required by EFL
- Conduct periodic stock-taking of various items kept in store by EFL so as to ensure consistency/accuracy and minimize wastage.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor's degree in Human resources, Social Sciences, Psychology, or business administration. A post-graduate diploma in HRM is desirable
- Should be aged between 27 – 30 years
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- At least two/three years of professional experience in Human Resource Management and Administration in a competitive business environment.
- Basic Knowledge and Familiarity with the Uganda Labour laws
- Sound knowledge of HR and Administrative operations, proficient in MS Office and Human Resource Management systems (HRMIS).
- Excellent analytical & decision-making abilities, planning, and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Influential and persuasive at all organizational levels
- Solution-focused, Innovative, and flexible thinker with a strong “can do” attitude
- Ability to build rapport with employees and external vendors
Other Required Skills & Competencies:
- Should be honest, well organized, results-oriented, and reliable.
- Should be a team player and a self-starter.
- Should be self-motivated, and innovative with a passion to achieve steep targets.
- Should possess a strong personality and dynamism.
- Should be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Should demonstrate commercial awareness and ability to manage costs and maximize income for the organization.
- Should have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with clients and other staff.
How to apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, then apply immediately and send your CV, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, current salary, salary expectations, names of 3 referees, and daytime telephone contact (saved as one document) in either word or PDF format through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section not later than 6th October 2021 or deliver it to our Head office at the address below:
Eleglance Finance Limited
Plot 16 Fulu Road
Please note that recruitment is ongoing as the applications come in.
APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED WITHOUT INCLUDING THE ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.