Appliance World Limited (AWL) is hiring a Human Resource and Administration Manager who will lead all aspects of the Human Resources function. Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to work with little to no supervision and perform under pressure.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 5 years
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Staff contracts: This entails both incoming staff and the ones already working. You are responsible for ensuring that each staff working for the organization has a running contract and no one should join without a contract. Every month report of all staff and the status of their contract should be reviewed with the Managing Director.
2. Staff Attendance: This is to be prepared and monitored daily so that you keep a tab on those who are either late or absent. This will reduce on the staff lateness and also cab down staff absconding from duty because should there be a red flag, you will solve on time.
3. Staff Issues: The company employee over 200 staff and each one of them may have one or two issues. You will be required to meet the staff daily in their respective departments and resolve their problems. Should there be need to meet the managing director, should be done within 24hrs so that the staff are given feedback on time. For this a weekly report should be done and given to the managing director presenting issues raised and against solutions given.
4. Payroll and Salary Payment: You are responsible for ensuring that staff are paid by 30th of every month and you are solely responsible for preparing salaries for staff on monthly basis. This means that your attendance should be ready by 26th of every month and prepare the payroll.
5. PPE for staff: Part the staff are technicians and others are loaders who require PPE at all times that is Overalls, Safety boots, Helmets, Hand Gloves, eye goggles etc. to be able to do their work. You are expected to ensure that they all have without fail. A monthly report showing that all staff have PPE should be given to the managing Director.
6. Recruitment: The company often employs staff for vacant positions, for positions where a staff has either been terminated/ resigned. You are required to shortlist candidates, arranging interviews and having timely recommendations. This means that within one week a position must be filled.
7. Monthly Approvals: These include stationary, transport for staff, airtime for staff, welfare and signed once at the end of every month. You are expected to prepare them and get approvals from the Managing Director.
8. Administrative Duties: There are some administrative duties like getting leave forms, loan forms, advance forms and other day today requisitions of the organisations like getting letter heads approved, business cards approval and any other approvals that are required to ensure smooth running of the operations in the organisation.
9. Performance Review: You are expected to motivate staff by having monthly reviews and giving incentives in form of bonuses to the best performers. This should be done through Heads of Departments and personal interaction with employees. This will not only help the staff to improve but will also keep the staff working happily.
10. Organisation of office space: The office should be kept clean and all desks should be well organised. You should have cleaning signs in place at all times while cleaning, proper filing should be done by all staff so that there is littering of paper among others.
11. Policies of the company: There are so many policies that are supposed to be followed by the organisation and should be in place such as EHS Policy, HR Policy, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Policy, Anti-corruption policy, Accident Protection Policy. And even fire extinguishers should be in place and a quarterly report should be given to the Managing Director showing that they are okay.
12. Weekly Meetings with Departmental Heads (HODs): HODs face different problem with their staff and need an HR manager to intervene and resolve their issues. These are day to day issues such as a staff coming late, a staff making mistakes, in their work, a staff having an attitude problem, not following instructions. Some of these problems are there but being covered up by HODs in the name of not clashing with staff. Sitting with this staff and talking to them helps a great deal.
How to apply.
Send your Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.