Masheda Palms Kampala Ltd, Buyala
All heads of departments
Company Directors and All heads of departments
- The overall management and development of all aspects of Human Resource and Talent Management for the company, including:
- Recruitment and Selection
- Learning and Development
- Talent Management
- Management of the HR department
- Compensation and Benefits positioning
- Employee Relations
To shape the performance and development systems for all employees, designing and supporting the company talent frameworks including performance management, succession planning, and workforce/human resource planning whilst guiding and managing Human Resources services for the Company.
The HR Manager will lead all HR’s practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented high-performance culture emphasizing quality, productivity, goal attainment, and empowerment and is responsible for the development of processes and reporting metrics that support the achievement of the Company’s business goals as well as acting as talent expert across the Company.
Reporting directly to the Group Director, and working closely with colleagues to ensure all HR duties are undertaken in accordance with employment law, company policy and ensuring any risk to the business is minimized.
- Undergraduate degree in Human resource management
- 8+ years post qualification in a similar or related position in the Hospitality industry.
The HR Manager must have:
- A proven track record of leading the delivery of HR functions to a high standard
- A proven track record as an HR generalist.
- A CIPD qualification or equivalent occupational experience.
- Up to date knowledge of employment law.
- The ability to originate and lead organizational strategies in HR.
- Experience in developing HR policies and procedures to ensure legal compliance.
- Ability to write (as necessary), plan, and direct the development and maintenance of training programs for all levels of staff.
- Knowledge and experience in introducing new ideas to improve employee engagement.
- Ability to write and deliver creative, imaginative presentations to colleagues at all levels.
- Experience in talent management, succession planning and development, writing and delivering training programs appropriate to the needs of employees and the business
- Reporting directly to the Group Director, the role requires a versatile, diverse, and experienced HR generalist who has a proven successful record of leading and delivering all aspects of HR and Training and Development programs with dedication and passion, whilst keeping abreast with changes in employment legislation.
- The HR Manager will be a highly confidential individual who will be loyal to the Directors and be able to give a clear picture with a full understanding of how each division is running and what is happening at all levels.
- The HR Manager will use effective people skills to ensure good relationships with all employees and external contacts at all times.
- The HR Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the HR planning of the division and will produce accurate HR reports on a monthly basis in order to provide accurate information to the Group Director. Working both in and out of the office,
- The HR Manager will be expected to keep up with paperwork and meticulous diary-keeping to manage all workloads associated with the HR department and live the organization’s values at all times.
- As a representative of Masheda Palms, the HR Manager must be smart, positive, personable, and well-presented. Will bring expertise in talent management, be passionate and driven to deliver exceptional results, demonstrate learning agility, whilst being skilled at communicating with and influencing employees and business leaders at all levels in the organization.
- Strategically Aware of a “team-first” orientation – consistently puts the interests of the broader team ahead of their own personal agenda
- Flexibility to work at multiple locations
- Excellent IT skills: competency in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Email, Excel, and Internet Explorer.
- Prepared to undertake an enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Compliance: Ability to audit and monitor the quality of outputs; demonstrable experience of delivery against specified protocols/ procedures ensuring the highest level of performance.
- Teamwork- Ability to build and develop relationships with the internal employees, strategic partners, and other external parties/ organizations; able to resolve conflict.
- Personal Drive- Will be able to demonstrate being self-directed, resourceful, and creative; Able to manage own time and work autonomously; Able to work on own initiative with drive and enthusiasm.
- Communication- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Commercial Awareness- Able to demonstrate contribution to maximizing commercial performance through controlling costs, and ensuring efficiencies where possible
- Customer Focus- Works to understand customer needs; Strives to exceed expectations;
- Planning and Organizing- Demonstrable experience of managing tasks and deadlines; able to resolve conflicting priorities
Experience and Knowledge:
- Prioritization and time management
- Proven track record as an HR generalist, preferably in a senior role.
- CIPD qualified or equivalent experience
- Experience in designing and delivering coaching/mentoring,
- learning and development and talent management programs
- Interpersonal relationships, discretion, and confidentiality
- Knowledge of employment law
- Experience in report writing utilizing excel, word and powerpoint
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience in using HR Information Systems
- Problem-solving skills
- Recruitment and Selection experience
- Ability to innovate to create and implement continuous
- improvement initiatives
- Experience in designing and writing HR policies, procedures, offers
- and contracts of employment
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll procedures
- Ability to support and influence all stakeholders, including Directors
- across the business
- Adaptability and flexibility – willing to work on a variety of projects
- and perform in multiple roles
- Develop and implement the HR /TM and People strategies aligned to the business objectives.
- Support and coach the management team on all people leadership matters, including business
- change and transformation. Forming strong relationships with the management team to be able to challenge and coach in a high-performance environment.
- Partner with the management team to project management organizational and procedural changes within the business area.
- Be responsible for all HR management and development (including recruitment and selection policy/practices, discipline, grievance, mentoring, salary and conditions, contracts,
- training and development, talent management, succession planning, driving performance appraisals and any other HR-related issues).
- Lead the work to regularly review the company's talent management processes within the
- business areas, including performance/potential management, resource planning, and succession planning.
- Where necessary, work in partnership on projects to aid continuous improvement and implement improvement programs (e.g., changes to working practices, organization changes, and business “excellence” or lean programs).
- Provide insight and recommendations on HR initiatives that can be leveraged to strengthen business results e.g., leadership/development programs.
- Working with senior managers to uncover the talent implications e.g., any significant gaps to meet long-term objectives and create a long-term workforce plan that prioritizes people-related initiatives.
- Monitor, measure, and report on HR issues, opportunities, and development plans, and achievements within agreed formats and timescales
- Liaise with Directors and Managers to understand their HR requirements and ensure they are fully informed of the corporate HR strategy.
- Keep up to date with HR legislation by researching and attending necessary events, before
- providing suitable interpretation to Directors and Managers
- Update the company server with timely, relevant forms, policies, and procedures to ensure
- accessibility for employees at all times.
- To facilitate as a mediator when required to try and resolve employee grievances.
- To manage the long service rewards and ensures employees are notified of qualifying rewards in a timely and accurate manner.
- To deliver and report on the annual employee engagement survey to ensure feedback from employees are collated and interpreted correctly to help improve employee engagement.
- Manage all recruitment needs for the company, including implementing and continually
- developing a robust recruitment process.
- Overseeing the day-to-day management of the recruitment process, including reviewing job
- descriptions, website advertising, updating of the company resource plan, sifting and selection of CV’s, attending interviews, and selecting candidates
- Creating and continually improving offer letters and contracts of employment, whilst managing the timely distribution of such documents.
- Managing the collation of references, DBS, and security clearance as relevant to each role.
- Ensuring all relevant ID, certificates, and employee documents are received on or before 1st day of employment.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for identifying, planning, delivering, and measuring learning and development.
- Manage a training plan that details required training that is delivered within the agreed/specific timescales and ensure outcomes are appropriately measured and reported on.
- Manage and develop direct reports.
- Liaise with the finance department to ensure control of training and development expenditure
- within agreed budgets.
- Liaise with other managers to understand all necessary aspects of their learning and
- development needs, and to ensure they are fully informed of corporate learning and development objectives.
- Succession plan and ensure training is aligned to support the plan.
- Develop training and communications materials to support learning and development needs.
- Ensure training activities meet and integrate with company strategies and policies.
- Write and deliver training lessons to continue the personal development of Line Managers throughout the company.
- Manage the organization and delivery of company induction sessions, including writing and
- delivering the presentations.
- Maintain the currency of the Training Matrix and share the information company-wide
- Develop an Academy approach to the design of a behavioral competency framework and
- learning Programs that support each job level with the business.
General Management duties
- To be a pro-active member of the team.
- To highlight and help resolve any issues/challenges/employee relations within the office.
- To assist and advise Company managers/directors on HR policy, practice, procedure, and issues.
- To represent the company in a positive, professional manner at all times.
- To be prepared to support fellow managers in any meetings required.
- Design, support and continually improve the organizations’ talent frameworks, tools, and
- resources for talent planning, performance management, and employee development.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section