Reports to: COO
Duty station: Jinja
The Human Resources Specialist will provide HR services to the project team as it relates to programs, functions, and policies encompassing several areas including benefits management, training and performance management, employee relations and safety, retention, and exit management. The position requires the incumbent to use professional concepts and organization policies and procedures to solve a wide range of HR-related challenges in imaginative and practical ways. The incumbent works on problems of diverse scope and exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies to identify HR-related solutions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversees all HR functions on the project including employment agreement preparations, onboarding, HR file management, Dynamic Development, retention, and exit procedures.
- Coordinates on computer account creation process for employees by ensuring required information flows to appropriate GTS staff, monitoring status, and confirming activation for new hires.
- Creating and managing a staff cooperative
- Provides guidance to the Company leadership team on compensation planning and HR adjustments on Job grading according to the approved company matrix.
- Provides HR policy interpretation and relationship management.
- Keeps track of Uganda HR policy changes and timely communicates the changes to relevant audiences
- Is the primary contact with staff benefit vendors, tracking Private Medical Insurance (PMI) and Group Personal Accident (GPA) updates and renewals.
- Maintains personnel records for staff, keeping an HR tracker and contacts database in compliance with company policies
- Manages leave-tracking system for annual, sick, or other leave as applicable.
- Supports the professional development of project staff.
- Supports the payroll process by ensuring that correct data is provided to the finance department, including communicating any personnel contract changes.
- Works closely with Management to ensure that staff morale is highly engaged, staff welfare and motivation activities are instituted and well managed
- Provides updates to business units as it relates to local national human resources administration, operations, employment policies, and practices
- Overseeing and supervising employees and all activities of the purchasing department.
- Preparing plans for the purchase of equipment, services, and supplies.
- Following and enforcing the company's procurement policies and procedures.
- Reviewing, comparing, analyzing, and approving products and services to be purchased.
- Managing inventories and maintaining accurate purchase and pricing records.
- Maintaining and updating supplier information such as qualifications, delivery times, product ranges, etc.
- Maintaining good supplier relations and negotiating contracts.
- Researching and evaluating prospective suppliers.
- Preparing budgets, cost analyses, and reports.
- Performs other duties and initiatives as assigned by supervisor or project management.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- Relevant degrees – human resources management, office management, management, public administration, social sciences, and administrations, or any humanities-related courses.
- At least 4 years of experience in the area of human resources generalist administration.
- Disciplined driver and owns a driving license.
- Mature individual who possesses strong interpersonal/relationship-building skills.
- Strong leadership, and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently and manage a variety of activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and interpret policies and procedures as well as apply them with consistency in a variety of circumstances.
- Creative and innovative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, clients, and consultants.
- Advanced skills in Excel spreadsheets, Word, and Powerpoint presentations; comfortable in a Windows PC environment.
- Conversant with current HR management principles and best practices in Uganda.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section