LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE
REPORTING TO: HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
DEPARTMENT : HR DEPARTMENT
Eleglance Finance is a privately-owned finance institution dedicated to delivering benefits of financial services tailored to individuals, groups, and SMEs that find it challenging to access services from mainstream banks. Our investment goes beyond providing capital but creating innovative solutions tailored towards the financial needs of growing private equity. We opened doors in May 2012 and have since then expanded to 5 branches (Entebbe, Soroti, Lira, Kabalagala, and Kamwokya) with our headquarters in Entebbe.
We are looking for a skilled HR Officer who will support the recruitment, training, and development through implementing policies and managing procedures. He/she will be responsible for administrative tasks and will contribute to making the company a better place to work providing excellent assistance and support to employees and managers. Should be passionate about HR, highly efficient, and have knowledge of various HR functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supporting the development and implementation of HR initiatives and systems
- Provide information on HR-related matters and respond to employee queries, providing counseling on policies and procedures.
- Being actively involved in recruitment processes by obtaining job requirements for approval and advertising as per Eleglance’s policies and procedures, verifying applications, shortlisting, and facilitating the interview process.
- Work with HR & Admin to propose appropriate training and development programs for all staff according to the identified needs and coordinating with HR & Admin to ensure that they are implemented and follow up on the effectiveness of these training.
- Provide support to the induction process (Effective onboarding plans) and other training programs in the institution.
- Participate in the performance management process through the distribution of appraisal forms to all staff and receiving as well as compiling results for the final appraisal report.
- Work with HR & Admin to support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Maintain employee records according to policy and legal requirements
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance.
- Participate in the manpower planning
- Participate in the management of the staff records including updating personal files establishing a staff database for purposes of tracking personal data, career development skills inventory, and human resource planning.
- Assist in the leave administration process of Elegance through the processing of staff leave requests. Updating the inventory of all staff leave application forms and ensure clearances and approvals are obtained.
- Assist in all other HR-related activities.
- The ideal candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree in Human resource management, Administration, social works, and administration or relevant field from a reputable company.
- Further training will be an added advantage.
- Candidates should have at least 2 years ‘and above working experience in Human Resource Management.
- Candidates must be knowledgeable in computer applications especially MS Office and should be aged between 25– 30 years
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Other Required Skills & Competencies:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving and decision-making aptitude
- Should be honest, well organized, results-oriented, and reliable.
- Should be a team player and a self-starter, self-motivated & innovative.
- Should possess a strong personality and dynamism.
- Should be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Should have the ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, attention to detail, and accuracy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with other staff.
- Proven experience as HR officer, administrator, or other HR position
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development, etc.)
- Understanding of labor laws and disciplinary procedures
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Excellent written and communication skills and high attention to detail.
How to apply:
If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, then apply immediately and send a CV, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, current salary, salary expectations, names of 3 referees, and daytime telephone contact (saved as one document) in either Word or PDF through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on 'Apply Now ' section not later than 21st October 2021 or deliver it to our Head office at the address below:
Please note that recruitment is ongoing as the applications come in.