The Health Systems Strengthening Advisor is a full-time position based in Kampala. The Advisor will provide technical assistance to the Activity and to the Director, Community Resilience and Development on health system strengthening (HSS) at community, district and regional levels to meet PUMRA's objectives including planning, implementing and monitoring interventions, providing capacity building, documenting and reporting on HSS activities.
- Minimum Qualification:Masters
- Experience Level:Senior level
- Experience Length:5 years
John Snow, Incorporated (SI) is recruiting for several positions for their five-year USAID-funded U.S. President's Malaria Initiative Uganda Malaria Reduction Activity (PUMRA). PUMRA aims to improve the survival and well-being of Uganda's most vulnerable pregnant women and children in selected regions. The Activity will work with the Government of Uganda to improve technical, managerial, financial, and leadership capacity at all levels of the health system.
Position Title: Health Systems Strengthening Advisor
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Position Type: Full-time
Reports to: Director, Community Resilience and Development
The Health Systems Strengthening Advisor is a full-time position based in Kampala. The Advisor will provide technical assistance to the Activity and to the Director, Community Resilience and Development on health system strengthening (HSS) at community, district and regional levels to meet PUMRA's objectives including planning, implementing and monitoring interventions, providing capacity building, documenting and reporting on HSS activities. The HSS Advisor will report to the Director, Community Resilience and Development and have dotted line supervision to the regional Health Systems Strengthening Officers.
• Responsible for coordinating with the district governments and providing technical support around health systems functions: capacity building, good governance, health information systems, and integration of malaria health services at both facility and district levels
• Provide supportive supervision and ensure that project staff based in the regional offices have the capacity, resources and support to achieve joint goals established between the project and district governments
• Take lead on field action plans to ensure that project strategies are being implemented consistently in the district(s)
• Oversee five health systems strengthening officers to support regular district engagement, communication and technical support;
• Build, maintain and strengthen district government and key stakeholder relationships with the project team;
• Assist in drafting program documents like the strategic plan, preparing technical documents, concept papers, Annual Work Plans, quarterly and annual reports, etc.
• Provide technical and data analysis of HSS interventions to ensure PUMRA is achieving program intent:
• Maintain documentation of meetings, correspondence, and other materials related to activities identified under health system strengthening functions
• Monitor HSS project activities, prepare monitoring reports, identify problems and propose possible solutions along with recommendations to the SMT.
• Ensure that the project adheres to national and international technical standards and that best practices and approaches are well-documented and highlighted throughout project implementation, and Carry out other tasks as assigned by the Director Community Resilience and Development.
• Master's Degree in public health or a related field;
• Minimum five years of experience of progressively increasing responsibility working for a technical assistance health program
• Experience working on health systems strengthening activities
• Experience designing and implementing successful HSS approaches with the public sector in Uganda
• Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, supervisory, communications and mentoring skills
• Experience managing technical staff
• Experience working with a variety of partners including CBOS, DHOS.
How to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 29, 2022.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.