Hospitality & Leisure
Inspect table settings: Control table settings to ensure a correct setup, including cutlery and glassware.
- Minimum Qualification:Diploma
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
Head Waitress/Waiter (700,000-1,5000,000)
- Inspect table settings: Control table settings to ensure a correct setup, including cutlery and glassware.
- Coach employees: Maintain and improve employees’ performance by coaching individuals or groups to optimise specific methods, skills or abilities, using adapted coaching styles and approaches. Tutor newly recruited employees and assist them in learning new business systems.
- Have very high morals and honesty.
- Ensure tableware is ready for use: Guarantee that plates, cutlery and glassware are clean, polished and in good condition.
- Monitor billing procedures: Oversee the billing procedure after a service is handled correctly.
- Greet guests: Welcome guests in a friendly manner in a particular place.
- Handle customer complaints: Administer complaints and negative feedback from guests to address concerns and, where applicable, provide quick service recovery.
- Supervise staff work on different shifts: Oversee the activities of the employees working in shifts to ensure continuous operations.
- Advise guests on menus for special events: Offer recommendations to guests on meal and drink items available for special occasions or parties in a professional and friendly manner.
- Manage health and safety standards: Oversee all personnel and processes to comply with health, safety and hygiene standards. Communicate and support aligning these requirements with the kyaninga lodge health and safety programmes.
- Assist all guests: Help VIP guests with their orders and requests.
- Plan menus: Organise menus considering the nature and style of the establishment, client feedback, cost and the seasonality of ingredients.
- Attend to detail regarding food and beverages: Perform great attention to all steps in creating and presenting a qualitative product.
- Identify customer’s needs: Use appropriate questions and active listening to identify customer expectations, desires and requirements according to products and services.
- Check prices on the menu: Control the menu to ensure that prices are correct and up-to-date.
- Maintain customer service: Keep the highest possible client service and ensure professionalism.
- Measure customer feedback: Evaluate customers’ comments to determine whether customers feel satisfied or dissatisfied with the product or service.
- Supervise food quality: Oversee the quality and safety of food served to visitors and customers according to food standards.
- Schedule shifts: Plan staff time and shifts to reflect the demands of the business.
- Brief staff on the daily menu: Inform staff of menu changes to ensure they understand the dishes, ingredients, and possible allergens.
- Store kitchen supplies: Ensure that delivered kitchen supplies for future use are safe and hygienic according to guidelines.
- Assist clients with special needs: Aid clients with special needs by following relevant guidelines and exceptional standards. Recognise their needs and accurately respond to them if needed.
- Manage dining service: Oversee the entire dining establishment process, such as managing employees.
- Monitor work for special events: Oversee activities during special events taking into account specific objectives, schedule, timetable, agenda, cultural limitations, account rules and legislation.
- Control of expenses: Monitoring and maintaining adequate cost controls regarding efficiencies, waste, overtime and staffing, assessing excesses, and striving for efficiency and productivity.
- Help to Organise activities aimed at introducing the work and systems or improving the performance of individuals and groups in organisational settings.
- Manage stock rotation: Oversee stock levels, paying attention to expiry dates to diminish stock loss.
- Check dining room cleanliness: Control dining areas, including their floor and wall surfaces, tables and serving stations and ensure appropriate cleanliness.
- Monitor customer service: Ensure all employees are providing excellent customer service per our Lodge Policy.
- Help to identify areas that need improvement and training.
- Ideally, have a diploma/degree in hospitality or vocational training in food.
- Capacity to work well under pressure and to strict timelines.
- Ability to multitask, work independently with the team, and with articulate verbal communication.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a head waitress.
How To Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and application letters through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.