The Head of Operations is responsible to oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction. He/she is responsible to Identify and mitigate operational risk, monitor, and supervise daily operations to ensure a free flow process. Create a strong professional workforce by developing competent individuals in the banking operations team.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Senior level
- Experience Length: 10 years
No. of subordinates: 1
Location: Uganda Office (TBC)
Supervisor position: CTOO
JOB PURPOSE (why the position exists and with what objectives)
The Head of Operations is responsible for overseeing customer support processes and organising them to enhance customer satisfaction. He/she is responsible for identifying and mitigating operational risk, monitoring, and supervising daily operations to ensure a free flow process. Create a strong professional workforce by developing competent individuals in the banking operations team.
A successful Operations Manager is proactive, a risk mitigator and good leader.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree, business administration,
- A master’s degree would be an added advantage.
Work experience: Minimum 10 years’ Experience, 3 years proven experience in banking/ financial sector.
Computer skills: Proficient in the use of MS Office
Language: Fluent in written and spoken English and Swahili
- Outstanding communication and people skills.
- Knowledge of all regulatory policies and procedure.
- Ability to recognize problems and apply Risk Management techniques to address them.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management abilities.
- Excellent Leadership, team management, developing and mentoring.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Identify and mitigate operational risk.
- Monitor and supervise daily operations to ensure a free flow process.
- Oversee the booking of loans and other banking activities in compliance with due process.
- Collaborate with heads of other units to develop best practices for successful banking operations.
- Performs pre-audits to ensure ongoing adherence to compliance procedures.
- Stay informed of all devices stock, issuing and procedures.
- Keep communication with the insurance agencies and ensure that insurance issues are resolved seamlessly.
- Create policies, procedures, systems, and SOP’s guiding operations.
- Ensures the shops, centres are fully operational.
- Management of GDT relationship for Device and Phone lock availability as per projections.
- Manage the Call Center end to end.
- Swap - Repair.
- Insurance Management.
- Distributor / Agencies (Telco and Independent) stock and promo material management.
- Training and Continuous support to Agency and Agents
2. GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with the provisions of the Bank of Tanzania and all governing bodies and comply with company policies and procedures.
- Live company’s core Principles and work proactively in a customer-related way in accordance with adopted procedures and best practices.
- Work co-operatively with colleagues and external stakeholders to promote the company’s overall business objectives.
- Ensure that confidentiality is respected and always maintained.
3. PEOPLE MANAGEMENT/SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with HR to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ talented and diverse group of high performing team members.
- Provide oversight and direction to team members in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures and procedures. Coach, mentor and develop team members, including overseeing new team member onboarding and providing career development, planning and growth opportunities.
- Empower team members to take ownership of their job and goals. Delegate responsibilities as needed and provide routine constructive feedback on performance.
- Create a culture that is consistent with the organizations focus on team member engagement and that aligns with the organizations mission, vision, and values.
- Lead team members using a performance management and development focused approach to assist in goal setting, two-way feedback, and performance development planning.
- Lead team members to meet the organization’s expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
4. Perform any ad-hoc duties as assigned by supervisor.
How to apply.
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Here ' section
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.