Role-based in Uganda
Start date: ASAP
Who we are
Our client is revolutionizing transportation, payments, and on-demand services in Africa’s cities. We believe that everyone in African cities should have access to affordable services at a click of a button. On the high-frequency use of our transportation service, the organization is providing value to our community, with financial services, payments, and other on-demand services to keep Africa moving forward. Currently based in Uganda and Nigeria, we are a venture-funded company, including backers such as Go-Ventures (GoJek), Allianz X, and Unbound, which is already having a huge impact on millions of people in East and West Africa.
We are looking for a Head of Financial Innovation to grow the company’s fintech offering, across BNPL, consumer credit, crypto/blockchain, insurance, savings, and other emerging consumer finance use cases. You will own and drive the growth of the company's financial product offering across our ecosystem of drivers, customers, and merchants. This position will report directly to the VP of Payments and will be crucial in shaping the direction of the company.
About the Payments Team
The Payments team is the fastest growing business in the company and is focused on the mission of enabling our communities of drivers, customers, merchants, and agents to thrive. The team has a wide-ranging mandate to transform fintech in Uganda and bring financial inclusion, convenience, and value to our customers.
Areas of responsibility:
● Lead Financial Innovation at the organization
● Scope, prioritize, test, and implement novel consumer finance products
● Develop highly scalable products and collaborate across Product, Marketing, and Operations to deliver a great experience for our community of customers
● Manage a series of corporate partnerships across multiple areas
● Deliver on very ambitious targets
● Develop business relationships delivering a variety of products across payments, lending, and logistics to merchant partners
● Have +6 years minimum in neo-banking, fintech, consumer credit, or similar startup role
● Knowledge of the financial services space in Uganda and Nigeria is a plus
● Experience as a founder or business manager is a plus
● Excellent communication skills with the flexibility to negotiate corporate partnerships one minute and explain financial concepts to the riders the next
● First-class undergraduate degree
● Be comfortable to work in tough conditions not always with easy answers to challenges and are excited to move quickly, learn by doing, and stress test ideas
● Be emotionally intelligent, humble, and excited to work within a team with a diverse set of experiences and skills
● Solid analytical skills and advanced experience in Excel
● Practical and hands-on - you should be able to lead by example when it comes to rolling out new
product features, processes, ideas, or strategy. We’re working in a fast-paced environment and we need a leader who has the perfect ability to zoom out and zoom in when necessary
● Love our product and be curious about how it works and be a strong advocate on the way the organization can transform lives in our ecosystem of drivers, vendors, agents, and passengers.
● Live the company values, represent the company in everything you do and constantly fly the flag.
● Competitive salary
● Free tasty lunch every day for all staff at the company academy
● Free wallet balance to take daily rides to and from work
● Life & Health Insurance
● Paid Annual leave
● A supportive team environment with mentorship from organization leadership
● Contribute to our mission to empower communities to thrive and scale with our rapidly growing startup
All applications will be received and Reviewed through Brightermonday Portal by Clicking on the 'Apply Now ' section