Founded in 2012, Jibu is pioneering a powerful new model that provides opportunities for entrepreneurs to own businesses that ensure access to basic human necessities in underserved, emerging market communities. Jibu has scaled a network of locally owned, economically independent franchises that provide safe drinking water to their communities while offering life-changing training and employment.
Empowered by a belief in the ability of eye-to-eye partnership to unleash latent entrepreneurial talent, Jibu is transforming the challenge of addressing basic human needs into an expansive opportunity that allows thousands of young entrepreneurs to build lasting solutions, one neighbourhood at a time. The company’s ultimate vision is to train, finance, and grow a network of co-invested business owners who will revolutionize the way critical resources participate in
emerging markets. For additional information, please visit: http://jibuco.com/
Position: Head of Finance
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director with close collaboration with Global CFO
Contract Type: Full time
Start date: As soon as possible
Jibu Uganda is looking for a Head of Finance who will be responsible for helping Jibu to achieve volume, expansion, profitability (cost savings and total revenue), and impact targets as defined by the Country Director and in line with the Jibu mission and objectives.
The Job Purpose of the Head of Finance is to ensure financial health of the business and determine the financial business metrics to lead the company towards profitability. Specifically, to undertake all aspects of financial management, including accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, development and implementation of internal control policies and procedures.
About the Role and Responsibilities:
1. Invoicing and Revenue Collection
● Prepare all invoices (franchise network fees, supply of products to franchises (bottles) and other income/receivables) in the accounting software (Quickbooks)
● Lead the communication with Franchisees regarding all invoices, arrears, discounts, etc.
● Oversee the Accounts Receivables management enforcing the AR policy to ensure that all accounts are current
2. Budgeting and Financial Planning
● Lead and facilitate the annual budgeting process, coordinating input from across all departments and provide input to the business plan of the company
● Prepare and monitor performance against forecasts and budgets
● Execute monthly cash-flow planning (account receivable collections, accounts payables and payments/disbursements)
● Oversee and maintain budgetary control to ensure effective revenue management, cost management (value for money) and providing financial advice and commercial insights to the Country Director and Executive team
● Support CFO in financial planning, board reporting and building of business pro-forma/financial projections
● Support the franchisees in key aspects of financial management
3. Financial control and Accounting
● Responsible for timely monthly/quarterly/annual closing of all accounts
● Ensure timely and accurate posting, balancing and reconciliations of the general ledger
● Ensure monthly reconciliation of bank accounts, cash, sales and all inventories
● Ensure that all proper procedures have been followed approvals have been obtained for financial transactions
● Ensure all cash/credit sales transactions are timely recorded in the accounting system
● Manage all aspects of cost accounting (including landed cost accounting) and inventory control for both Jibuco and company owned stores
● Develop, implement and review business processes, procedures and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls over cash/bank, inventory, intercompany transactions, accounts receivables, accounts payables, payments and reporting
4. Reporting and Audit Management
● Produce monthly/quarterly financial reports providing variance analysis and in-depth understanding of the key drivers of the business performance.
● Leading and coordinating the annual external audit to meet reporting deadlines
● Research technical accounting issues for compliance (IFRS, IAS standards)
5. Compliance and Banking
● Manage relationships with the Company's banks and ensure needs are met on a timely basis
● Accountable for full tax and regulatory compliance of the business (Statutory returns, Corporate Tax, PAYE, NSSF, VAT, EXCISE TAX, WHT, etc.)
● 5+ years of experience in the Finance department in a similar role in Uganda with a for-profit business which operates in multiple locations and in several currencies.
● Degree in Accounting or Finance
● Required professional qualification CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent
● Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures including IFRS and IASs.
● Demonstrable experience with preparing financial statements, management accounting (costing, unit economics)
● Demonstrated experience with complex budgets and forecasts prepared in Excel and daily and monthly monitoring of actual vs. budget.
● High levels of proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
● Excellent accounting software experience. Quickbooks is a distinct advantage
● Strong focus on controls and processes and high attention to detail
● Strong communication skills for engaging with business partners and ensuring processes are being followed
● Strong people manager who can evidence experience in leading, mentoring, and providing clear guidance to junior finance staff
● Confidence to challenge senior opinions and maintain positive working relationships.
Email CV/Resume with email cover note to apply. Learn more about Jibu at www.jibuco.com . Please label the PDF documents as: YOURNAME_CV and YOURNAME_coverletter. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so please apply as soon as possible. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to every individual application we receive. If you do not receive an invitation for an interview from us within 2 weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.