Head of Commercial Operations
Management & Business Development
As Head of Commercial Operations of M-KOPA Uganda, you will lead the overall M-KOPA Uganda commercial business, ensuring that it achieves its commercial and financial goals and fulfills M-KOPA’s mission of making financing for everyday essentials accessible to everyone.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Management level
- Experience Length:10 years
At M-KOPA, We Finance Progress.
The scale and impact of our work is massive. M-KOPA is a fast-growing FinTech company offering millions of underbanked customers across Africa access to life-enhancing products and services. From our roots as the pioneer in pay-as-you-go “PayGo’” solar energy for off-grid homes, we have grown into one of the most advanced connected asset ﬁnancing platforms in the world, empowering a broad range of customers to achieve progress in their lives.
Want to know more about M-KOPA? Click this link: About M-KOPA
As Head of Commercial Operations of M-KOPA Uganda, you will lead the overall M-KOPA Uganda commercial business, ensuring that it achieves its commercial and financial goals and fulfills M-KOPA’s mission of making financing for everyday essentials accessible to everyone. You will have P&L ownership over the business unit and responsibility for the operations, team, and culture, and for representing and communicating M-KOPA Uganda’s interests across the business and to external stakeholders. You will serve as a key member of the M-KOPA Uganda senior leadership and management teams.
The position is full-time, based in Uganda with travel to other M-KOPA markets. You will report to the General Manager, M-KOPA Uganda.
What You Will Do:
Lead the Uganda commercial business with excellence, including:
- Work with e-mobility and associated partners such as Ampersand, Roam, Honda, Bajaj, Total, Shell, and others to develop M-KOPA's new e-mobility product line
- Work with e-selling and digital shop platforms such as Jumia and Glovo to develop mutually beneficial partnerships by accessing new customer segments
- Drive M-KOPA Uganda’s growth and profitability (deliver credit-worthy sales)
- Deliver Uganda’s overall objectives and key results, including commercial, credit, customer, operations and business intelligence
- Ensure M-KOPA Uganda continuously innovates through new partnerships, product launches and piloting new ways of working
- Ensure M-KOPA Uganda’s decisions are based on world-class data and insights generated from our in-house Business Intelligence team
- Own your P&L, with oversight over budget and cost management
Build a fantastic team and culture, including:
- Attract and grow great talent through hiring and internal development
- Drive strong coordination within the Uganda business and with M-KOPA global functions
- Model and ensure that everyone lives and breathes M-KOPA values
- Foster a strong culture and make M-KOPA one of the best places to work in Uganda
Be M-KOPA Uganda’s #1 ambassador, including:
- Be the voice of M-KOPA Uganda across the global business and in cross-market teams
- Represent M-KOPA Uganda to all external stakeholders
- Be an active member of the Uganda Leadership Team
What We are Looking For:
- You are passionate about our mission of making financing accessible to everyone
- You have 10+ years of management experience, ideally in international companies and in more than one market
- You have domain experience across a number of key business functions such as service, growth, partnerships, marketing, and operations
- You are a fantastic leader, comfortable leading teams of various backgrounds and skill levels
- You are confident managing P&Ls for medium to large organizations
- You are data-driven and skilled at utilizing data and technology to drive results and efficiency
- You are comfortable in a fast-moving environment with frequent change and a sense of urgency
- You have high integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance
M-KOPA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
M-KOPA explicitly prohibits the use of Forced or Child Labour and respects the rights of its employees to agree to terms and conditions of employment voluntarily, without coercion, and freely terminate their employment on appropriate notice. M-KOPA shall ensure that its Employees are of legal working age and shall comply with local laws for youth employment or student work, such as internships or apprenticeships.
M-KOPA does not collect/charge any money as a pre-employment or post-employment requirement. This means that we never ask for ‘recruitment fees’, ‘processing fees’, ‘interview fees’, or any other kind of money in exchange for offer letters or interviews at any time during the hiring process.
How to Apply:
Click on the 'Apply Here' section to be redirected to the application portal.
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.