Salary: Attractive package
Roles and Responsibilities
- Extensive Knowledge of the core principles of milling
- Obtaining an extraction rate of 72%-85% maize flour corresponding to the set standards
- Responsible for reporting yield calculations to ensure consistent quality and standard throughout the production in accordance with UNBS and ISO among others.
- Responsible for production scheduling optimization as required based on the capacity of production.
- Perform daily control of the settings and efficiency of the milling line equipment.
- Perform a daily setting of the break's release and check the flour and product streams.
- Responsible for the optimal sanitation within the mill and integrated pest management strategy and supervision of the pest control measures.
- Responsible for the transfer of the flour from the vessels to the silos, and opposite for the bran pellets.
- Management of the maize and flour bin inventory.
- Continuing looking for new and better methods to improve the overall operation and its efficiency in consideration of energy conservation.
- Responsible for the training of the workers and their professional follow-up.
- Control of bags, additives, spare parts, fuel, water, and tools inventory and stock.
- Responsible for the order and control of inventory and stock of goods and items for the operation of the mill (except for the wheat).
- Ensure customer satisfaction with products being delivered.
- The responsibilities outlined in this job description are not a comprehensive list; additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time by management.
Education & Experience
- Milling degree preferred or accredited certificate in Milling Sciences.
- 3+ year grain milling experience as Head Miller in maize or wheat.
- Strong organizational skills are required for the position.
- Ability to operate an intake and pre-cleaning and extensive knowledge on conditioning and color sorting.
- Profound knowledge on the fortification process like microns of Uganda maize requirement of 355 μm
- Experience in operating a roller mill.
- Experience with wheat and flour analysis including the ability to interpret flour and dough analyses relative to end-product impact.
- Familiarity with a wide variety of grain and maize flour quality is required.
- Experience working in developing in a milling enterprise is preferred.
- Ability to regularly work odd hours due to production demands.
- Meticulous attention to detail, precision, and accuracy above all an assertive attitude.
Job Application Procedure
All interested applicants must send their detailed CVS, Profiles, and application letter through the Brightermonday Platform by clicking on the 'Apply Now' section