SNV is seeking to recruit the services of a Grants Management Officer to ensure the grantees are adequately supported and monitored.
- Minimum Qualification:Bachelor
- Experience Level:Mid level
- Experience Length:3 years
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on SNV’s operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org
IMEU Project Background
The Inclusive Markets for Energy Efficiency in Uganda (IMEU) project aims at developing sustainable, inclusive markets for appropriate energy efficiency (EE) products and services for households, businesses, and institutions. A sector development approach will be applied, aimed at developing a socially inclusive ecosystem for energy efficiency (enabling environment), combined with targeted, contextualised support to small medium enterprises (SMEs) and energy service companies (ESCOs) (supply) and stimulating uptake of EE products and services by increasing awareness among energy users (demand). The thematic areas are agriculture (focus on agribusinesses and farmers cooperatives) and built environment (focus on households, businesses, and institutions).
SNV is seeking to recruit the services of a Grants Management Officer to ensure the grantees are adequately supported and monitored. The roles and responsibilities charged to the role include but not limited t the following:
Result 1: Take charge of administering the Grant Agreements.
- As part of the Grant Management Unit, working with all Grantees on the implementation of the Grant Agreements and ensure that the agreements are fully understood and implemented.
- Conduct close monitoring of the Grantee performance, validating of the accountabilities, analysing results versus targets and engage Grantees.
- Provide guidance and support to the Grantees to ensure that the submitted requests are in line with requirements as indicated in the Grant Agreements.
- Ensure the administrative processes are in place and followed, when preparing requests for payment to the Grantees. All requests submitted to finance need to have full documentation and have the correct information.
- Develop and maintain a database of all requests and payments, to allow management of the Grant Management Unit activities.
- Provide relevant information to the Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, to make sure that all eligible beneficiaries are captured into the project database.
Result 2: Monitoring implementation of the Grant Agreements.
- Engage the technical advisors in the team on the technical relevance and quality of the delivered products and services and jointly develop tools and materials to support Grantees in improving quality of products/services.
- Participate in assessing the applications from private sector businesses for challenge grant as to whether they meet the IMEU project criteria.
- Carry out verification of all delivered products and services by the Grantees: providing feedback on client satisfaction and as input into the payment process. This involves field verification visits to assess product performance and quality of service offered by the Grantee.
- Organise and participate in marketing events for the Grantees and learning sessions for specific set of Grantees.
Result 3: Contribute to the overall performance of the Grants Management Unit
- Document all relevant aspects of Grant Management implementation, including quarterly reporting and substantial contributions to the Annual Reports (both targets and financial).
- Initiate and prepare amendments to the Grant Agreements and submit to project management and relevant project committees.
- Participate in IMEU team meetings and any events and meetings, organized by SNV Uganda.
- Any other activity, as assigned by the IMEU project manager.
Result 4: Logistical Support
- Support MDF Advisor to plan (including calendar planning), mobilize and coordinate participants for all MDF events including meetings, pitch events, visits, etc.
- Under guidance from MDF Advisor, raise all PRFs related to MDF procurements, and follow-up with procurement team to ensure goods and services are produced and delivered as required.
- Organize logistics for all MDF meetings including IAC meetings such as grant negotiation meetings, boot camps, PEC meetings.
Result 5: Reporting
- Update and maintain the related grant and finance tracking systems to monitor deadlines for submission of proposals and reports.
- Under the leadership of the MDF Advisor, contribute to preparation of both internal and external grant reports.
Result 5: Risk Management
- Conduct a periodic risk assessment on grantees and address the gaps.
- Conduct close monitoring of the Grantee performance, validating the accountabilities, analysing results versus targets and engage Grantees.
- A bachelors’ degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or BCOM and/ or Professional Accounting qualification like CPA, CIMA, and ACCA Level.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience from financial management of development projects or at a middle or senior management level in accounting, auditing and grant management. Experiences with working in a partnership approach and supporting private sector.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer skills (email, word processing, spreadsheets, financial management systems).
- Highly motivated to maintain a regular dialogue with SNV’s partner organizations.
- Skills in teamwork, facilitation and training.
- Knowledge of INGO operations.
- Experience with sub-grantee management
- Excellent analytical and editing skills
- Good understanding of grant processes and compliance
- Ability to work in a facilitative, participatory and collaborative manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrating integrity: Upholding and promoting the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct in relation to SNV’s values and Code of Conduct, including safeguarding
Terms of Appointment
- This is a full-time position based in Kampala, Uganda. The contract duration is 2 years, with possibility of extension. The desired starting date is January 1, 2023. Salary is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience, including a competitive secondary benefits package.
Working at SNV
- We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and motivation letter in English until 14th December 2022.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
– We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement –
Important Safety Tips
- Do not make any payment without confirming with the BrighterMonday Customer Support Team.
- If you think this advert is not genuine, please report it via the Report Job link below.